Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's what a real nutritionist eats page

fitmom is offline Senior Member

Here's what a real nutritionist eats

Shop Now
    I have to post this link:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articl...-of-a-pro.html

Somehow I ended up on FitDay's email list (I don't know how) and this was in my inbox. I am NOT posting this here to mock the nutritionist, because up until I was diagnosed with wheat and dairy allergies, her post would have been completely reasonable to me.

Since going primal, I am so much healthier, but this was a good reminder to me of how far away from CW I needed to go to get healthy. Fiber One and skim milk anyone?

cookie is offline Senior Member
    "Food and eating are two of my favorite things. In fact, those are two of the reasons I became a registered dietitian."

from the looks of her food journal, it seems like she hates food. is she punishing her diet for a reason? skim milk with her cereal? ground turkey in her stir-fry? gross! reading this made me hungry. even if i were still on the conventional diet i find her food journal seriously lacking in... well, food.
    to think that this is the example we're supposed to follow!

mayness is offline Senior Member
    "I always use ground turkey instead of ground beef because it is lower in fat, and to me, tastes the same."

Well no wonder she eats such boring food... she obviously has some seriously dysfunctional taste buds. =P
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    That's what a pro eats, huh? Gawd forbid I ever turn pro.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Ok, I'm not going to knock ground turkey. I like it, but not for it's nutritional profile. It's a nice change in flavor from time to time.

Today for breakfast I had nut "cereal." I'm visiting friends down in NYC, in a TINY studio apartment with practically zero fridge space, so I had to get creative with my personal meals. I combined sunflower seeds, slivered almonds, chopped walnuts, raw pumpkin seeds and raisins. Add a little heavy cream and it's like cereal.

Anyways, long story short, I was eating my "cereal" and a thought came to me. "Wow, this is good! This is just like regular cereal without all of those annoying flakes!"

AnneArchy is offline Senior Member
    That sounds delish Diana. Have you been to the Union Square Farmer's Market yet? Any primal plans for NYC?

trobi is offline Member
    Wow, she is really afraid of fat.

blank_faceplate is offline Senior Member
    I like ground turkey.

batty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blank_faceplate View Post
    I like ground turkey.
    me too.

cooked up in bacon fat.

also ground turkey, spinach, carrots simmered in coconut milk and curry is pretty bitchin'.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    God that food sounds bland and terrible. Ground turkey and frozen veggies stir fry is NOT the dinner of a real food lover. I like where she admits to snacking on pastry and fruits during the day. Honestly that standard way of looking at food seems more and more bizarre.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast