Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's what a real nutritionist eats page 6

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by NutMeg View Post
    Love this from her
    thoughts: Took another rest day. I don't know why I'm so tired this week. Feel blah, sore throat, and just so sleepy. I took a nap today instead of working out.

You think it could be all the crap she is eating....it is bad by stand standards.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    I would so much rather eat like this (and be strong and well too):

B: Streaky bacon, free range eggs scrambled with broccoli and roasted pumpkin.
    L: Homemade carraway leek soup (made with lamb broth, grated swede and roasted pumpkin).
    S: Dark chocolate sante bar, few grapes
    D: Slowcooker beef satay (onions/carrots/ginger/chilli/garlic/peanut butter), buttered cauliflower. Stewed apple, peaches and cream.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bob loblaw View Post
    Her diet is fine. I wouldn't eat that way, but I imagine it's better than 95% of the population and probably better than a lot of a lot of us primal folk, who cram themselves full of bacon and call it healthy. (I love bacon, but I eat it for enjoyment, not under the pretense it's good for me, it's at best neutral.)

Seriously, go back and read the responses in this thread. We sound like a bunch of Vegans talking about primal eaters. This lady has a very decent diet. It's NOT one I would enjoy, but it's fine. She'll probably live a long, healthy life is she keeps it up. Me, I couldn't, but if it works for her, keep doing it. I'm certainly not going to mock her for eating that way.
    Seriously. The way people are talking it's as though she's living on poptarts and jam sandwiches. Her lunch and dinner sounds like something I eat regularly.

Pork salad with dressing is a bad lunch?
    Meat, veges and rice is a bad dinner?
    Fruit, yogurt and icecream for dessert isn't terribly bad either.

As for her breakfast, I'm not sure what Fibre One is but I'm sure a bowl the stuff mixed with blueberries is more nutritious than a bulletproof coffee.
    Her meals might look rather bland but there's nothing wrong with that. I'm an extremely straight forward eater myself, most of my meals consist of a starch, meat, vegetable and some salt. I still look forward to it and don't tire of the repetition.
    Last edited by Forgotmylastusername; 11-09-2012 at 12:13 AM.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Love this from her
    thoughts: Took another rest day. I don't know why I'm so tired this week. Feel blah, sore throat, and just so sleepy. I took a nap today instead of working out.

You think it could be all the crap she is eating....it is bad by stand standards.
    I shouldn't but I laughed at the picture she puts in signature.

sbhikes, I want to eat your salad for lunch.

And Owly,
    "2 burger patties (1/4 pound each) with onions, bacon, and rhubarb chipotle ketchup
    panfried potatoes (cooked in lard)"
    This sounds fantastic
    Last edited by Daydreamer; 11-09-2012 at 12:45 AM.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    This is the menu that got me:

Breakfast--Strawberry Fruit and Grain bar
    Snack--Pepsi while running errands
    Lunch--beef stew, 9 grain bread with light margarine, tea
    Snack--Pepsi while taking DS to get enrolled in his next round of tech classes
    Dinner--Homemade burgers (whole wheat buns, 93% lean ground beef, fat free mayo, fat free cheese) and fries (baked)

It truly strikes me as bad.

But this first one is merely inadequate - sounds like a "diet" not a way of eating for life:

Breakfast:
    Fiber One cereal with skim milk
    Fresh blueberries

Lunch:
    2 slices of pork tenderloin, seasoned with pepper and mustard
    Salad with vinaigrette
    Water to drink

An occasional diet soda or juice is fine since it helps when you crave sweets.

Dinner:
    Steamed white rice
    Vegetable stir-fry with ground turkey
    Water
    Last edited by Annieh; 11-09-2012 at 12:54 AM.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Fat free cheese.

Don't want to see the ingredients in this one.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    My issue with the nutritionist is more about the amount of food. Is she eating 4 ounces of pork and turkey? I guess that would have been helpful to know. I eat similar foods but am eating 8-10 ounces of lean protein.

My thought on hers was that if she is eating CW portion sizes, bet that is under 800 calories a day of real food.

Loneketo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    My issue with the nutritionist is more about the amount of food. Is she eating 4 ounces of pork and turkey? I guess that would have been helpful to know. I eat similar foods but am eating 8-10 ounces of lean protein.

My thought on hers was that if she is eating CW portion sizes, bet that is under 800 calories a day of real food.
    She said she snacked on cookies and stuff. Probably makes up for the calories.

Catrin is online now Senior Member
    Her sugar intake is high, one would THINK that a nutritionist would know that isn't a good choice. Then again, the sports nutritionist I visited last year was of the opinion that it didn't really matter what the calories consist of, that the total calorie intake was the most important. I assume this is what they are being taught, or were taught when they were still in school...

Ground turkey tastes the same as ground beef? She must have missing taste-buds or something...

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    She said she snacked on cookies and stuff. Probably makes up for the calories.
    Yup and that is why you have scads of fat women running around hungry, slowly ruining their metabolisms. It amazes me that people eat sugary snacks, justify it by calling it a "grain" and then FREAK OUT if you eat a large portion of meat.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast