Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's what a real nutritionist eats page 5

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    That is a totally pathetic days worth of "meals." Every other sentence is "low fat." What a terrible bondage to be constantly fat phobic. She could save a lot of money and just grind up and eat her Fiber One box (with a little skim milk). The cardboard box would have more nutrients than her typical meals.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mayness View Post
    "I always use ground turkey instead of ground beef because it is lower in fat, and to me, tastes the same."

Well no wonder she eats such boring food... she obviously has some seriously dysfunctional taste buds. =P
    Lol. If she thinks they taste the same...then em, good for her? She can always pick the cheapest option with no downside. I have no idea how somebody would really think they taste the same though.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Actually, sounds like a lot of food, and some of it is pretty good. Like pork with mustard and rice and fruit...

I have half a cup of Greek yogurt this morning, then I will have a can of tuna with 1/2 avocado, then 1 c egg whites with 1 egg, 2 c of mixed fruit (mostly melon) before gym, and for supper it will be about 1 c of ratatouille with a bit of liver. For dessert/snack - another 1/2 c of Greek yogurt and maybe an apple or a tbsp of almond butter. Dunno how is it much better than her food. Looks about the same.

And you typical Primal eater on this board, will have nothing for breakfast at all because s/he IFs. Then s/h has a coffee loaded with coconut oil, then s/he will eat a steak or pork roast with some spinach on the side or a BAS with a bunch of salmon on top and a handful of berries. (Shrug) The same thing, really, minus fruit and grain. Granted, I won't give a time of day to stupid dry cereal, but a bowl of hot buckwheat with butter or milk and bruit or mushrooms , butter and onions? YOU BET! Or millet cooked with fruit and some quark or quark and peach with a drizzle of honey? Good stuff. I will take that over Primal-beloved eggs in 1,000 creative ways or sausage or bacon any day.

I always mix ground turkey with ground beef and pork. Mixed meats tatse better. But I like ground turkey on its own. And ground beef.
    Last edited by Leida; 11-08-2012 at 06:55 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

bob loblaw is offline Senior Member
    Her diet is fine. I wouldn't eat that way, but I imagine it's better than 95% of the population and probably better than a lot of a lot of us primal folk, who cram themselves full of bacon and call it healthy. (I love bacon, but I eat it for enjoyment, not under the pretense it's good for me, it's at best neutral.)

Seriously, go back and read the responses in this thread. We sound like a bunch of Vegans talking about primal eaters. This lady has a very decent diet. It's NOT one I would enjoy, but it's fine. She'll probably live a long, healthy life is she keeps it up. Me, I couldn't, but if it works for her, keep doing it. I'm certainly not going to mock her for eating that way.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Her diet isn't fine.
    Most people seem to forget that dietary fats and cholesterol is the ONLY building blocks of ALL sexual hormones in the human body.
    Low fat this, no fat that

Seriously, this type of diet is one of the things that worsen my condition.
    You won't get to your genetic potential eating that way.
    Last edited by Daydreamer; 11-09-2012 at 12:37 AM.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    It sounded like starvation rations to me. Here's what I ate yesterday.

B: Cold steak and a hot white potato.

L: Greek salad with a can of sockeye salmon, oil and vinegar.

Snack: Almonds and a sweet potato. I also had a couple of walnuts.

D: 2 Eggs, a can of oysters and some veggies.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    I'm with Daydreamer on the problem of low fat. And if you've ever read Weston Price info on skim milk you know how it's processed and the heat-oxidized crap that's added back into into it to thicken it up a bit.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I agree with Daydreamer on the hormonal issues, plus the fat levels overall are worrying (fat soluble vitamins need...fat!).

Also, how on earth is that enough food for an average active adult woman?

My food yesterday:

2 cups coffee with butter
    protein shake with whey, coconut milk, banana, and cocoa powder

beef, tomato, and eggplant curry (made with ghee, no beef fat drained)
    apple

avocado oil potato chips (about 70g)

Ghanian chicken and spinach stew
    hard cider

And that's a light eating day for me.

Another day from my journal:

protein shake (same as above)
    black coffee

3 chicken drumsticks (Peruvian lime garlic)
    coffee with half and half
    big bowl of spinach with Italian dressing

big bowl of strawberries and pineapple (maybe a cup of each?)

2 burger patties (1/4 pound each) with onions, bacon, and rhubarb chipotle ketchup
    panfried potatoes (cooked in lard)

bacon-wrapped, feta-stuffed dates

And I should make it clear that I am still losing fat on that intake. I'm pretty sure that's more calories than the nutritionist by a fair bit and is far, far more satisfying and nutritious.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    I think the dietitian is "constantly thinking of my next meal" because she is so damn hungry. I was hungry all the time too when I ate higher carbs and low fat. Now I generally eat high fat, low carb and I am never hungry. One day a week I eat high carb. For instance, I just ruined my chance of eating dinner because I came in from work and snacked on a coconut flour pumpkin muffin as I had not eaten since breakfast. I now feel too full to eat dinner. Previously, I would have eaten more than one muffin and dinner. Primal is fabulous. Low fat just kept me fat and hungry, so sad.
    Last edited by Primal123; 11-09-2012 at 06:39 PM.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    It sounded like starvation rations to me. Here's what I ate yesterday.

B: Cold steak and a hot white potato.

L: Greek salad with a can of sockeye salmon, oil and vinegar.

Snack: Almonds and a sweet potato. I also had a couple of walnuts.

D: 2 Eggs, a can of oysters and some veggies.
    Dayum, that looks fantastic.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast