Thread: Mucus in stool? page

jimpag is offline Senior Member

Mucus in stool?

Primal Fuel
    So this is a bit of a too much information post but really need some help here.

So yesterday I was for the first time in a long time very "gassy" during the day, and constipated, the constipation is normal though, I usually only go every morning.

But this morning I was still cconstipated but managed to get a small bit out and I noticed it was like covered by a white/clear substance that looked like jelly. After some google searching I read it could be a sign of irritable bowel syndrome and ulcerative colitis, and even to lesser degree be Crohn's disease or A bacterial infection.

So im basically wondering if anyone have any similar experience, how I should approach this and if this sounds like something you take to a doctor?

Its pretty strange though because Ive eaten and lived better then ever, 100% no grains, no dairy, no nuts, no fruits, no drugs, minimal alcohol and even no diet sodas at all for the last month or so. Added a bunch of new supplements recently, and also drank some coconutmilk that had two E numbers in them as emulsifier, also some coconut shreds that didnt say if they had been proccessed, will pause all of this.

Other then this the only bad thing I can come up with is im in a new country and cant find organic vegetables etc and water is really bad so I dont even rinse my vegetables, how bad could that be? Also first 3 weeks I used there water as ice so I got quite a lot of there water in me, guess its could be related to that aswell.

Yeh, im really lost and dont know how to proceed.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    I had the same problem when I was going through my low carb flu. I have no advice because I ignored it and it went away as I cut my crap out, but I don't know what.

Try eliminating the coconut and see what happens.

Added anything else new into your diet?

avocado is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimpag View Post
    So this is a bit of a too much information post but really need some help here.

So yesterday I was for the first time in a long time very "gassy" during the day, and constipated, the constipation is normal though, I usually only go every morning.

But this morning I was still cconstipated but managed to get a small bit out and I noticed it was like covered by a white/clear substance that looked like jelly. After some google searching I read it could be a sign of irritable bowel syndrome and ulcerative colitis, and even to lesser degree be Crohn's disease or A bacterial infection.

So im basically wondering if anyone have any similar experience, how I should approach this and if this sounds like something you take to a doctor?
    Step one - see if it's a persistent problem before worrying about it. It happened once

No being really lost or going to the doctor over mucus one morning!

I don't mean that with sarcasm. Just trying to decrease your stress level

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am travelling soon, and I was speaking to my pharmacist about GI problems when travelling. She said mucous in stools was one of the indicators of a possible infection and a sign that I should take my antibiotics (I have some prescribed to me for emergency use on the trip). Considering the context of being in a new country with a possibly unsafe water system, you might consider seeing a doctor about it, especially if it happens again.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal