Thread: Babies weaned on junk food - study out of Australia page

FitGirl is offline Junior Member

Babies weaned on junk food - study out of Australia

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    awwwwwwww....... My heart beaks for those poor munchkins. They're never even given a CHANCE to know healthy. :'(
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

kiwineil is offline Senior Member
    gotta love the old fashioned aussie diet .. 4n20 pies VB and a choctop ... . start em young why not!

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    I don't think it's as bad over here, but babies are given their fair share of grains, and I don't mean just in the form of baby rice, baby porridge and rusks; just taking a quick butcher's at the baby foods on Sainsbury's website, we have: -

Banana & Cookie Crumble
    Fruity Muesli
    Many things with potato (Lancashire Hot Pot, Shepherd's and Cottage Pie, Fish Pie, Sunday Dinner, etc)
    All breakfast is grain-based
    Actually, 99% of what I've just looked at contains grains (pasta, rice, corn, etc)
    Then there's all the 'healthy' foods you can give them to practise chewing on between meals (rusks, biscotti, organic wholewheat gingerbread men, baby cookies, etc)

Why am I doing this...? I'm bored (and seeing if looking at food makes me want to eat - I'm still fasting! So far, it's not done so...)
    La tristesse durera toujours...

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    that genuinely makes me angry. how stupid do you have to be to think it's fine to feed a small baby all that crap? as routine meals? for god's sake

thanatos is offline Senior Member
    Well at least we're still horrified by it.

There were two women arrested for child neglect in Queensland last year because of what they were feeding their children. They didn't want to waste money on formula (couldn't be bothered with breast feeding) and were getting their leftover takeaways, burgers, fish and chips, pizza etc. Blending them up an adding water to dilute it then giving it to them in bottles.

Child services visited them and found they were 2 years old but severely stunted in growth and couldn't walk.

Seriously, you should need a licence to have kids.