Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to respond to this? page

scubasam is offline Senior Member

How to respond to this?

Shop Now
    From another forum I belong to, this is a response a woman got who asked what to do because she feels hungry all the time...

"If you eat pretty well, try filling up more on fibrous things like oatmeal, cruciferous vegetables, bran cereals. It could be that maybe you are just not eating enough bulk!"

Drives me %^&ing crazy!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Ignore it?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

TinaC is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you could send her a private message. Tell her that its the grains in her diet that are making her hungry and give her the link to this website. Short and sweet and she can either listen or ignore.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    Tina's advice is probably going to keep you more sane. Otherwise, be prepared to spend the next few days fending off the hordes of shocked forum members when you suggest grains are bad and meat/veggies are good.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Seconded -- sending it as a PM lets you avoid feeling obliged to counter endless arguments you'd probably gather in the main thread.

I'd give her a direct link to the PB 101 section as well as the main site. When I got here I didn't even realize where to find all the basic intro information, really... and when you click "About primal blueprint" it just goes to the book's promotional text.

blank_faceplate is offline Senior Member
    At the very least you could openly suggest eating more veggies. You can absolutely *stuff* yourself on most veggies and not have made a dent in a day's cal count, generally speaking. Eat 3 entire bags of frozen broccoli, a bag of celery, and a head of lettuce - what's that add up to, 100 cals? No normal human being will be "hungry all the time" if they do that. They might not look forward to the veggies, but they won't be hungry...

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blank_faceplate View Post
    At the very least you could openly suggest eating more veggies. You can absolutely *stuff* yourself on most veggies and not have made a dent in a day's cal count, generally speaking. Eat 3 entire bags of frozen broccoli, a bag of celery, and a head of lettuce - what's that add up to, 100 cals? No normal human being will be "hungry all the time" if they do that. They might not look forward to the veggies, but they won't be hungry...
    ...except that hunger and satiety aren't just driven by the fullness of the stomach.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

elwyne is offline Senior Member
    Fat.

Sassy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kennelmom View Post
    ...except that hunger and satiety aren't just driven by the fullness of the stomach.
    This - if I stuff myself on plain veggies, I feel stuffed...and hungry, and I keep searching for things to eat. It takes fat and protein to actually satisfy hunger.
    Sassy: Revised - my primal log

blank_faceplate is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    OK. *I* wouldn't be hungry after feasting on veggies, and *I* am certainly able to eat roasted salted nuts until the can is gone, but I realize everyone is different. God bless the person still hungry after stuffing all the veg I listed.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast