Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 servings of PIG today?!?!?!? page

MoBob is offline Member

3 servings of PIG today?!?!?!?

So without any real planning, I just realized I had 3 serving of pork today:

Breakfast: 3 slices of uncured bacon with fruit breakfast and coffee

Lunch: Springcreek BBQ smokey pork ribs (probably conventional) and side veggies.

Dinner: Chinese BBQ pork (probably conventional) with spinach salad and broccoli.

Is this too much pork in one day?????
    During breakfast today, Abby asks, "How would this juicy, fat, sweet blackberry taste on top of my bacon?" I said it would taste BerrySwine...;-P

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Never

LessofMimi is offline Senior Member
    <jealous!>
    Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
    http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

dsberger is offline Member
    Awesome! Congratulations. I have done this before and felt such a sense of accomplishment. We should have an "eating game", in the style of a drinking game, where you get points for this sort of thing. For instance, I have eaten meat from five different animals in the same day. (It was Easter: bacon and eggs for breakfast, beef for lunch, and then duck and lamb for dinner.) Wait, this could be a challenge! Different meat-consumption tasks to fulfill over the course of a week. Meatapalooza 2010: Only the Strong Survive.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MoBob View Post
    Is this too much pork in one day?????
    Well, if the notion of evolutionary eating patterns is to be anything more than a slogan, it must be fine, because our early ancestors must have done similarly for very long stretches of time.

Variety is good, but I don't think that has to mean every day has has to be varied within itself.

Wild boar was definitely on the menu going right back - even for Homo heidelbergensis:

Google: homo heidelbergensis wild boar

Now I suppose if you killed one you ate it up. Early man couldn't put it in the fridge and probably hadn't developed preservation methods such as salting, smoking, and drying. You'd have just eaten up what you had, possibly in quite prodigious quantities, and let tomorrow take care of itself.

Jedi is offline Member
    If you are concerned about excess PUFAS (especially Omega 6) then yes i think it is a lot, but as a one off no big deal.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Variety is good, but I don't think that has to mean every day has has to be varied within itself.
    ^ This.

Each Sunday I cook up enough meat for my 5 weekday lunches, and this week it was ground pork... and since I eat bacon 4-5 mornings a week... quite a few days this week I've had 2 servings of pork. Monday was 3 servings. But I vary the meat for lunch from week to week, so I'm not concerned. Next week is chicken thighs. =]
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

racingsnake is offline Senior Member
    I did the same yesterday. 2*belly plus 1*chops. Niiiiice. Don't feel a bit hungry today, unsurprisingly! We love the pig.

QuietlyPrimal is offline Member
    IMO, there can never be "too much" pig.

Chasintrail is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by dsberger View Post
    Meatapalooza 2010: Only the Strong Survive.
    Brilliant!

OP - there is no such thing as too much pork. Or too much cow, or too much duck, or...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast