Hi Mark,

So I'm new here, but I've read your book, The Primal Blueprint and I pretty much live the primal lifestyle. I don't eat wheat, or any grains at all, but I'm wondering what your take is on the whole v. refined grains argument because I have a lot of friends who try to be "healthy" by going whole grain, and have an uneasy time letting them believe whole grains are healthier.

On one hand, whole grains stimulate a lower insulin response (I think?) and are altogether digested slower than refined grains, producing a slightly less damaging insulin spike-and-crash cycle...

BUT: I've heard that lectins, essentially a plant poison that leads to auto-immune diseases of all sorts, are much more prevalent in whole grains. Furthermore, the fiber damages intestinal walls, acts as an anti-nutrient, etc., which is more or less absent on refined grains.

So I guess I'm wondering whether the effects of lectins (and fiber) from eating whole grains are worth risking over the elevated insulin response and its effects of eating refined grains?

Thanks!
Mads