Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help me please!!!! page 3

HBarrett is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm a female and one of the symptoms I was dealing with (after 10 weeks of PB) was a vaginal yeast infection -- the first one in decades. Also itching skin, face break-out, heavy fatigue and upset g.i. tract. I'm not an expert on candida by any means but it sure seemed like my system was trying to get rid of something! I'd been pretty conscientious with supplements for months -- including probiotics -- but had recently added digestive enzymes. Any illness is a healing crisis, I suppose, but this event simply had too many weird symptoms for me not to wonder about it.

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Sorry 'H', I thought were (shouldn't have changed it). Of COURSE candidasis exists, just because a BLOKE hasn't heard of it, he's not really any cause to as it primarily affects us lasses.

Trying4Primal - candidasis most certainly DOES exist - Grizz is just too sceptical by half!
    La tristesse durera toujours...

Trying4Primal is offline Junior Member
    Yes I take a probiotic -- culturelle once a day as well as digestive enzymes. I have been taking both for two years. Does anyone know enough about Candida to know if you can have die off without going on a 100% Candida diet? I'm pretty close but am still eating nuts and a bit of fruit.....I will say I have an extremely sensitive "system". So it would not surprise me if my body was going through some heavy withdrawal/detox....

Hbarrett---when you realized it might be Candida did you follow the Candida diet in the link you gave me? You said you are finally feeling better...did you change something?

Thanks, to all of you this is really helpful!

HBarrett is offline Member
    My diet is pretty good except for a small amount of dairy. I'm feeling better because the process has run its course, I think. I want to credit Stone Age Queen for pointing me in this direction. Thanks!

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    I went through a period of 'die-off' a few weeks after going through my carbflu adjustment stuff. It was nasty... but only lasted about a week and now my gut/immune system are stronger than ever!

loneviking is offline Member
    Yes, Candidasis exists, but the horrible symptoms in Grizzs' post indicate a severe fungal INFECTION and not a die off. When thrush gets going in the mouth the mouth becomes coated with a white covering along with being sore and inflammed.. Candida emits a lot of toxins when it's reproducing as it's a byproduct of the metabolism of the fungus. And yes, in immunocomprimised persons such as those with leukemia, AIDS, or post transplant the fungus can get into the bloodstream and infect the organs such as the heart, liver along with the esophagus.

Treatment is with such drugs as Nystatin or Micronozole. It's hard to imagine this type of infection breaking out in someone who is eating a healthy diet and is not immunocomprimised somehow.

shiggles is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This thread is a couple weeks old but I want to add my $.02 here. I am 90% sure that I went through what you went through. And I am equally positive that I had candidiasis as well. This is normal for people who previously ate the standard high-carb diet. It is ESPECIALLY accurate if you previously took a bout of anti-biotics (many doctors recommend a "z-pack" which is a pack of three or four high potency anti-biotic pills). I was given a z-pack by my doctor to supposedly fight off a cold or something. After I finished my anti-biotics course I immediately developed a rash and became lethargic and achy.

A high-carb diet feeds the candida yeast that is part of the nartural flora in your gut. This causes it to EXPLODE in numbers and run rampant through your body, especially if you have a lowered immune system from a cold or flu.

Anti-biotics kill of candida's peer flora in your gut (bacteria) and allows more "elbow room" for candida to grow.

A high-carb/sugar/gluten/YEAST diet and anti-biotics create a perfect storm for candidiasis (a fancy word for an overabundance of candida). You very likely ARE experiencing candida die-off. It takes about a week for it to run its course. As it dies candida releases nasty toxins into your bloodstream that make you feel, look and perform like shit.

Here is a list of candida symptoms: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/candidasymptoms.htm

Here is a list of symptoms associated with candida die-off: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/candida-die-off.htm

Note that all of your symptoms are present on both of theses lists. Stick with it and you'll be getting rid of one nasty bug for good

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123