Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me please!!!! page 2

Trying4Primal is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    If I was eating dairy before I went primal would that matter?

Grizz is offline Banned
    These come to mind. Fruits are a great way to boost carbs.
    FRUIT:
    Black/Blueberries Limes Pineapple Cantaloupe
    Grapefruit Oranges Plums Strawberries
    Lemons Raspberries Pears Watermelon
    VEGETABLES:
    Artichokes Celery Parsley Sweet Potato
    Asparagus Cucumbers Peppers Tomato
    Broccoli Eggplant Radishes Zucchini
    Brussels Sprouts Leeks Spinach Lettuce
    Carrots

Here is the government Carb List:
    * Carb listing by name
    http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcom...t/sr18a205.pdf
    http://www.glycemicindex.ca/glycemicindexfoods.pdf
    * listing by carb numbers
    http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcom...t/sr18w205.pdf

Glycemic Index Listings will also help:
    http://www.montignac.com/en/ig_tableau.php
    http://www.glycemicindex.ca/glycemicindexfoods.pdf

My wife also uses the Primal Recipe Book extensively to prepare meals.

Hope this helps,
    Grizz

HBarrett is offline Member
    I recently posted of similar problems after 10 weeks (even though I got through lo-carb flu after 3 or 4). Somebody, thankfully, suggested that this was owing to candida die-off and I think she was right. All the symptoms came in a bunch and I am now, after several days, starting to feel better. A strict candida diet doesn't allow dairy and I am giving this serious thought.

I'm going to look at your posts--thank you! I think I will try no dairy too which kills me bc that's what's making this a little easier.....

I'm going to try all of those thank you!

Grizz is offline Banned
    HBarrett,
    Candida Die-Off ? ? I looked it up and found this:

Dietary Changes: When you begin to make healthy changes in your diet, you begin to starve the excess yeasts that have been hanging around gobbling up the extra sugars in your blood. When there is not enough fuel for these yeasts, they begin to die off.

Yeasts were swimming around in your blood?
    Candida Die-off Symptoms
    I have been battling this monster on and off for years and years. My crummy diet of the past year fed this monster once again. I decide I had to fight it tooth and nail this time. I stopped eating sweets of any kind and also bread, white pasta, etc. about 3 weeks ago. Within days my body started to react.

Just sick as a dog when I stopped feeding the candida. It started to die-off naturally and then I went on Candex and Three lac to start killing off more. Hiatal hernia and acid reflux started acting up and I have had to sleep upright for weeks.

The Die-off symptoms I have gone through have been hell. I lost 10 pounds, have been weak and in bed for 3 weeks. Spells where I feel I am dying and I start itching and muscle jerking. Brain fog, completely furry white tongue, burning skin, numbness in arms, face, moving eyeballs, intense belching, horrible body odor and have had to take 3 baths a day, fowl smelling bowel movements...toxic, hard to breathe, anxiety, crying, nausea. It's like someone going through a drug withdrawl.

I have had to keep my mind focused knowing that this cleanse is doing me good, not harm. I probably needed to be in a hospital to go through this, so someone could take care of me when the hard spells hit. My husband has not been supportive, sorry to say.

I have backed off my candida killers, and will try to chill out for awhile and get back up on my feet again. I am taking lots of b12, b complex, c complex, magnesium, lots of water, benefiber.

ANy hints for helping the die-off not be so extreme, please let me know!!!
    http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=271085
    Is this for real? Were these people eating a bowl of sugar for dinner? Did you go through this, too?

I just found this HORRIBLE link on Candidas:
    =================================
    Candida Albicans is a yeast that occurs naturally in the human body. Normally it lives in harmony with a variety of other microorganisms and actually performs a couple important functions. The problem occurs when something upsets the balance of bacteria in the body and this allows the yeast organism to proliferate and take over all the healthy microorganisms.

It normally resides in the intestinal tract, mouth, throat and genitals, however it can burrow holes in the intestinal tract, enter the blood stream and then make it's way into any organ of the body. To make matters worse it emits over 70 different toxins into the body. Some people may even become allergic to the yeast itself.

Once this hardy organism proliferates in the body, it wrecks havoc in many ways and is the initiator of many common maladies, conditions, syndromes and illnesses in our population.
    http://www.holistichelp.net/candida.html
    One More Great Link on Candida
    ========================
    http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/candida/index.php

This thing looks horrible. Is this for real??
    HBarrett, Anyone?

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 09-22-2010 at 02:44 PM.

Ok, no way I was eating a bowl of sugar a day, so my die-off, if that is what this is, is no where as bad as that womans -- yikes. But I have to say that reading all of the detailed info about Candida is freaking me out. What keeps me from most diets is restriction and rules. I have way too busy a life to be avoiding EVERYTHING, which is what drew me to the PB. That said I am wondering if I am pretty close to the candida diet but eating a little fruit, a little very very dark chocolate and some almonds and walnuts is it still possible that I am experiencing the effects of die-off?

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Quote Originally Posted by Trying4Primal View Post
    Ok, no way I was eating a bowl of sugar a day, so my die-off, if that is what this is, is no where as bad as that womans -- yikes. But I have to say that reading all of the detailed info about Candida is freaking me out. What keeps me from most diets is restriction and rules. I have way too busy a life to be avoiding EVERYTHING, which is what drew me to the PB. That said I am wondering if I am pretty close to the candida diet but eating a little fruit, a little very very dark chocolate and some almonds and walnuts is it still possible that I am experiencing the effects of die-off?

I would say, from personal experience, no. Cutting out grains should have dealt with that one, but I'm surprised no-one's asked if you're taking a probiotic, as it's almost essential (Grok ate dirt, ergo he ate anything which came with the dirt; our diet is too sanitary, so we, 'naturally' have an upset balance of gut flora). I can't recommend anything (but I'm sure CillaKat'll be able to when she reads this (as she inevitably will - she's brilliant at helping newbies (she's helped me a lot...))
    La tristesse durera toujours...

Grizz is offline Banned
    Trying4Primal,

I am extremely skeptical of this Candida subject. I've never heard of it, and it is just not logical that yeast could infect the bloodstream. IMO, the immune system would just not allow it.

Where did HBarrett disappear to? He brought this subject up. I suggest not doing anything until we find out a lot more about Candida.

Griz

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Trying4Primal,

I am extremely skeptical of this Candida subject. I've never heard of it, and it is just not logical that yeast could infect the bloodstream. IMO, the immune system would just not allow it.

Where did HBarrett disappear to? He brought this subject up. I suggest not doing anything until we find out a lot more about Candida.

Griz

Where did you get the notion that it "infects the bloodstream" (did HBarrett mention that? I didn't read his post properly, sorry)?

Just because you've never heard of it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist! Have you never heard of thrush? That's candida. Maybe you've not heard of it because, by definition, thrush is a ladies' problem, so you'd have no need to know about it.

The medical term for an overabundance of candida albicans is candidasis and I can tell you that, yes, it most certainly does exist! Oral candidasis is an STI - and you ought to have come across that...

I'm too tired, and too hungry, to give you a very full explanation but this Wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candidiasis) does give a full - and accurate - explanation. Candida can 'infect' anywhere, and it usually does so because you're immunocompromised (if you wish to do some reading on the subject, then I can highly recommend Dr. Leon Chaitow's book Candida Albicans: The Non-Drug Approach To Candida Yeast Infection) and poor diet can cause a compromised immune system.

Can't write anymore because Grokette Need Grub! <grin!>
    La tristesse durera toujours...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast