Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In the future - will society evolve like the "Time Machine"? page

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member

In the future - will society evolve like the "Time Machine"?

will all the roly poly grain eaters turn into the morlocks and the primal/paleo lean fit healthy dudes turn into the equivalent of a city of greek gods/goddesses?

just a silly lunchtime thought....where could evolution point us for our bad diet choices?

"speculated that the human race has evolved into two species: the leisured classes have become the ineffectual Eloi, and the downtrodden working classes have become the brutish light-fearing Morlocks....."

"His revised analysis is that their relationship is not one of lords and servants but of livestock and ranchers"

discuss....
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

StillWild is offline Member
    Morlocks! You are forever on my nifty list. I love that movie.
    To answer the question though I think it might work just the opposite physically. Given the Eloi were largely useless and had pretty much no sense of danger (they just sat there while she was drowning...), I would think the grain eaters would end up more like the Eloi. They behaved more like livestock to me while the Morlocks were more toward the top of the food chain. They had the presence of mind to lure in the Eloi after all thus ensuring their survival...at least until Rod Taylor showed up...
    Of course if it means looking like a Morlock well...might have to think about that.

side note: After reading this over I have come to the distinct realization that...I am a nerd.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I don't know that it'll go that direction. I could see humans splitting again genetically, but not that direction. In the book, the Eloi were much to the effect of sheeple and the Morlocks were much to the effect of carnivorous Sasquatches.
    I could see it more doing a short term split, ala Neandertal and Homo Sapiens, with the SAD humans eventually dying out, like Neandertal. There of course will be interbreeding between the species for quite some time, even after the genetic split. The way I foresee the split occurring has more to do with what the SAD human is mutating itself into with its food than what we're doing. I see it as the PB/ Paleo/ etc. will remain as they are ,with maybe a few favorable genetic mutations; while the SAD human, thanks to the soy/ wheat/ sugar/frankenfoods, will mutate and mutate, becoming either vehicles for cancerous growths (I don't see this one happening), or turning into something like the humans in WALL-E with the added benefit of the physical mutations shown in the sewers of Futurama. The SAD human will eventually kill itself off, not through war, but through abusing its genomic structure so much that children start being born sterile (Mother Nature at her finest), much like a mule, or by dying younger and having much fewer offspring.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Nick "the Caveman" M. is offline Senior Member
    Naiadknight - I love that you referenced the mutants from Futurama as a possible outcome for society....so funny.

Funny yet scary topic though. I do fear the path that we continue to go towards as a society. We continue to use science without thinking forward beyond the now. Just because we are able to do something, doesn't necessarily mean we should. Sure it would look great if we could solve world hunger by spraying a crop field with nuclear waste (hope someone gets the reference....), if it cultivated gigantic crops of endless proportions....but would the result of everyone being addicted to tomacco be worth it? I doubt it.

Simpsons.
    The projections I see do scare me. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt I am.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I think there's so much travel and interbreeding these days, true speciation would be tough to pull off. (plus I think it's actually good for society as a whole if interracial and international marriage rates stay high...)

But I'm sure we'll always have an overall preference for those at least somewhat like ourselves. It just might not be on the physical front.

Oh and to add to the intellectual nature of the discussion, my vote is totally for Simpsons/Family Guy hybrids as the future of humanity.

Then eventually we WILL speciate when the people with money and a will to do so go full digital upload, Ghost in the Shell style, and there will be debates on data integrity and personality translation and the human soul. And then it'll all become mandatory because they can't feed the billions of physical people anyway. And then the Guide's reporters will be the first ones up against the wall when the Revolution comes.

BuckeyeGrok is offline Junior Member
    My vote is for a Stephen King "The Stand" style future where the SADs are all wiped out by the super flu...and the rest of us Paleo folks follow Mother Abigal to the promised land of grass fed beef and veggies

I could live with that. Issue comes in, there were two sides of survivors after the bug. How will it split?
    My Primal Battle Tome

BuckeyeGrok is offline Junior Member
    Someone from the ADA will probbaly survive and band together the last few high carbers in Vegas. The only high carbers to survive will probably the overly tan ones with high high Vit D levels

Back to you to decide their demise... what would the trashcan man bring to nuke them all? A lifetime supply of cupcakes?

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Maybe he'd bring them 30 B*nanas a Day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast