Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos, piercings, body modification... page

twisteddoc Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Whenever I get asked about my tattoos I say we have been getting inked longer than we've been eating bread and thus our body is much more adapted to it.

What do you think? Primal / non primal?

Diana Renata is online now Senior Member

Primal or not, I like my mods.

clayberg is offline Junior Member

That's Twisted:P I'm going to say primal but is BDSM primal/ non primal?

LOL

twisteddoc Guest

Wow, clayberg, believe it or not I have been thinking about it for a long time! What can be more primal than the desire to dominate? I suppose me being a girl kind of breaks it, and that's when some of my feminist / LGBT / vegan friends policitize the paleo lifestyle and call me mean names

62shelby Guest

Had I known about the toxicity of certain dyes used for tattooing, I may have given more thought into getting them. In particular red dye is said to contain mercury to preserve the colour

twisteddoc Guest

62shelby,

Red inks are usually toxic and are the ones most commonly reacted. They don't have mercury to preserve the color - mercury oxide IS the color. Other red inks from cadmium, iron oxide, etc. are quite allergenic too. Yellows are also problematic.

Good quality (standard in legal studios) black ink rarely causes reactions though.

62shelby Guest

Thanks for the correction. Even so, I would still be wary now of putting black dye into my skin.

musajen is offline Junior Member

Hm, intresting topic. Seems to me, that ancient tribes used to mark themselves to distinguish which tribe they belonged to(?) so I'd say definitely primal in that respect.

In todays world, (from my POV) going primal is an act of rebellion against conventional wisdom and I love that I'm essentially flipping low-fat/high-carb the bird. Getting inked was an act of rebellion on my part too so it felt very primal.

I guess I tend to equate rebellion with primal. Ha!

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

Black dye gave my locaclized hives on my latest tattoos for about a year. The tattoos are only black, so no confusion there. Strangely my older tattoos are fine! Primal or not, I will be spot testing from now!

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

I'm thinking about getting this one:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/wordp...vatar.png?s=50

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast