Shop Now

i support tattoos and piercings.

jpippenger Guest

That's a good idea, SerialSinner

clayberg is offline Junior Member

SerialSinner, that's Primal SWEET!

Where are you thinking of putting it?

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

I am not sure yet, but I like the idea of tattoos showing one's core values.

To me, being primal is both a result of how I've decided to approach reality and a sign of how comfortable I am while accepting and embracing my animal nature.

That sounds waay to poetic for me btw. My g/f would be proud.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

twisteddoc,

While human beings may have been ritually scarring and inking themselves since long before the advent of agriculture, it's not a question of adaptation. It's like saying we're adapted to being slapped in the face.

It's no more or less "primal" than that.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

cc40 is offline Junior Member

After getting tattoos for 20+ years now, I can say that it is only a human choice. No other animal scars themselves in order to mark place, time, and perceptions. Humans have been adorning themselves since the earliest times, be it body art, jewelry, or hairstyle. Personally, I was lucky enough to find my "tribe" (similar thinking group) while becoming a tattooed person. I don't know if it qualifies as Primal, but then again I never thought about it in those terms. Being human and having the choice of self-expression is what it is ... natural.

RogerDeRok is offline Member

I back tattoos and piercings. I am not really too into the dying of hair, but I'm not against it or anything.

I was in the January 2009 issue of Tattoo Magazine from a photo shoot one year before the issue came out.

TheCasualWarrior Guest

Good evening - I have 5 tattoos, all Polynesian tribals. I've always associated tattoos with the Polynesians when they were (and still are) used to Identify oneself to their family - deeds, and accomplishments. I imagine Grok's world would have been stratified like other tribal societies. I imagine there was a leader - shamans, warriors, artists, craftsmen and women - perhaps it was a warrior society? The best hunters doubled as the best warriors?

At any rate - within ancient warrior cultures the bravest warriors, leaders, hunters, gatherers, etc. were tattooed, scarred, marked to show signs of their toughness and bravery, ability to endure, suffer through anything to prove themselves - that's how I have always viewed and associated tattoos within society.

pulse38echo Guest

PrimalCon New York

I have one tattoo I got it about 2 years ago

''

Had my ears, nose and nipples pierced even though I have worn anything in them for years.

But most differently primal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12