Thread: Primal brain fog. page

Dave_o is offline Senior Member

Primal brain fog.

To be honest, paleo wasn't a great jump for me. Basically just meant cutting the bread and grains and getting more fruit and nuts. It's coming up on a week now and I just don't seem to be 100% 'with it', kind of like I haven't had enough sleep. I also dumped the coffee about 4 days ago, not quitting for good, just seeing if I can.

Has anybody else found this? if so does it clear up in time once your body adjusts?

cheers

kiwineil is offline Senior Member
    hi there im 10 days in and its slowly improving ... the name this forum seems to support is "carb-flu" and it certainly felt like that to me .. .
    browsing the forum everyone gets different degrees and for different periods of time ... i had a rotten headache for a week, and the "brain-deads" still there but as i said receding ..
    tht said there is a post somewhere from someone whos had it for six weeks .. now thats tough

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    You don't need to ditch coffee. If you were drinking a lot, just start cutting back.

Are you getting enough sleep? Good sleep? You may need more right now. Read Mark's postings on sleep.

blank_faceplate is offline Senior Member
    To rephrase your post for you "I just ditched carbs and caffeine - I'm almost a whole week in - anyone know why I might be tired?" You might try adjusting one variable at a time.

Also, some here will reel in horror hearing you traded grains for fruit and nuts. FWIW, etc.

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blank_faceplate View Post
    To rephrase your post for you "I just ditched carbs and caffeine - I'm almost a whole week in - anyone know why I might be tired?" You might try adjusting one variable at a time.
    exactly.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

jfilbin is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Dave_O
    I'm in the third day w/ no grains. I'm having major shakes and some light-headedness, and everybody who responded to my post said its pretty normal. Hang in there, you aren't alone!