Thread: Ridiculously simple, but SO good... page

lizch is offline Senior Member

Ridiculously simple, but SO good...

Shop Now
    For a long time, one of my favorite treats (even before primal) was frozen raspberries with yogurt, proportions such that much of the yogurt freezes on the berries. I've primalized it with full-fat, non-homogenized yogurt, and it's even better.

Yesterday, I micro-grated 1/4 oz of 90% chocolate over the top. Oh my goodness! It's like a whole new dessert. Mmmmmm
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Just4ME is offline Senior Member
    That sounds sinfully delicious! Where do you buy your chocolate?
    Starting Weight/BMI: 184/29.7
    Current Weight/BMI: 130 /21.0
    Ultimate Goal: 125/18

doghead is offline Senior Member
    From time to time I snack on some frozen blueberries with a little bit of heavy whipped cream. DELCIOUS.
    - If it was cute and cuddly at some point, eat it. Ignore everything else. -

- Food is first, and foremost, nothing more than fuel. -

- The body is animal. The mind, however, is not. -

mayness is offline Senior Member
    I like doing this with coconut milk, too, which freezes onto the berries more than heavy cream (but maybe less than the yogurt).
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Just4ME View Post
    That sounds sinfully delicious! Where do you buy your chocolate?
    PCC (local health food store), Whole Foods, sometimes regular stores if they have the really dark stuff. Target sells the Lindt 90% bars cheaper than anywhere else I've found. At some point, I'm going to check out Cost Plus because they have lots of brands of chocolate, but it's a dangerous place for me (all kinds of UK foods that are about as un-primal as possible!)
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    i like whizzing the frozen berries with the yoghurt to make a thick slush...yummeee!
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

FMN
    FMN is offline Senior Member
    My husband finally broke his weekend commercial ice cream habit by having a small bowl of frozen berries, a few nuts, and coconut and/or HWC. It has been months since he has had ice cream!

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Quote Originally Posted by lizch View Post
    PCC (local health food store), Whole Foods, sometimes regular stores if they have the really dark stuff. Target sells the Lindt 90% bars cheaper than anywhere else I've found. At some point, I'm going to check out Cost Plus because they have lots of brands of chocolate, but it's a dangerous place for me (all kinds of UK foods that are about as un-primal as possible!)

I buy my chocolate from a friend who has her own chocolate shop! She also makes ice-cream (SIXTY FLAVOURS!!!) Her son (who's 20 - I used to babysit him - makes me feel ancient!) makes the chocolate.

The darkest she does is 75% but, when she comes back from her hols, I'm going to ask her to get Jonathan to make me a 100% bar.

Her ganaches are to die for! Bought some for a treat the other week because she does some really unusual flavours (her rosemary and thyme dark chocolate ganaches are my absolute favourites! Closely followed by her pink champagne and rose extract truffles! I think the oddest one is the sesame and wasabi (sounds weird - tastes scrummy!))

Anyway, if you fancy a drool http://www.aubergechocolat.co.uk/buy/signature-range
    La tristesse durera toujours...

ihugtrees is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizch View Post
    Hi!! *waves* I live in North Seattle, and noticed your mention of PCC before I even looked at your location

I am brand new to the primal lifestyle, AND pretty new to Seattle (moved here in July), so if you have any local resources you can recommend I'd appreciate it! (well, sort of local--Redmond isn't that far, right?)

Back on topic, this sounds like a wonderful dessert. I am really struggling with giving up sugar.
    Last edited by ihugtrees; 09-28-2010 at 01:24 PM.

Hi, North-Seattlite!

I have found Bill the Butcher to be the best source for unusual cuts of meat (eg. they had oxtail when Whole Foods/PCC didn't). Incredibly expensive, and I know there's some controversy about the lack of transparency over where the meat comes from (ie. some people expect the butcher to name the individual farm, which is more than I need to know). There's a Bill the Butcher in Redmond, but there are two other locations on your side of the lake.

I'm also planning to go visit a farmers market soon.

Hope the sugar lust eases soon. Life's a lot better once it's gone.
    Liz.