Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The food industry, like Big Pharma, controls the FDA and USDA page

shemdogg is offline Senior Member

The food industry, like Big Pharma, controls the FDA and USDA

Shop Now

chowza is offline Member
    Also, the moon orbits the earth and the Pope is an old white Catholic man.

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    Interesting name for a group; The Union of Concerned Scientist.

Articles like this make me feel even more empowered with this lifestyle. While I do not adhere to every single aspect I am all about the concept of buying locally in order to gain control over one of the most important yet basic needs we have as a species. An extra 10-15 minutes of commute to the Farmer's Market is worth the extra time and cost when we compare the use and amount of pesticides used in our food supply.

With any Governmental agency you'll have things like this due to lack of funding, no real oversight thanks to those lovely tax cuts people are always begging for. The concept is great but people need to understand when you take money away from one thing it will ultimately affect something else. There are trade off in everything.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    The USDA exists to aide the food industry so that's not really much of a shocker. It is a shame that good economics means sick people. The FDA on the other hand *supposedly* exists to keep people safe! That is a damn lie and they know it. *stab stab*
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Politicians won't touch this either because it will hurt their campaign funds. So, who is going to stop it? Articles like this are a good start. Enough exposure and bad press can often make people sweat.

ericfoster3 is offline Senior Member
    A lot of politicians rotate in and out of jobs with these companies, in between their government "service".

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Very sad. I haven't seen Food Inc., but I am sure it covers some of this. Michael Moore, get on this please.... haha

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    The problem isn't with the FDA or politicians. We all know theres not enough money to go around then throw in campaign contributions. It's a system thats meant to be played like a violin. The problem is that this information is out there for everyone to see and they make the choice to look into it or not. People must take responsibility for themselves at some point.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

avocado is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chowza View Post
    Also, the moon orbits the earth and the Pope is an old white Catholic man.
    LOL, everyone's making me laugh today. Although that's strange, as I've been told I have a heart made of avocado pit and no sense of humor

979roadrunner is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AppalachianMatt View Post
    The problem isn't with the FDA or politicians. We all know theres not enough money to go around then throw in campaign contributions. It's a system thats meant to be played like a violin. The problem is that this information is out there for everyone to see and they make the choice to look into it or not. People must take responsibility for themselves at some point.
    When a 'watchdog' orginization is actively helping kill those it's supposed to protect, the problem is with the orginization, whether better information is available or not. A watchdog that turns on it's master must be brought to heel or killed. The FDA needs to do it's job or be terminated.
    Other than that I agree with you
    I'm not old, I'm Vintage!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast