Thread: What did YOU eat for breakfast this morning? page

Trevor.H is offline Junior Member

What did YOU eat for breakfast this morning?

I wouldn't call myself "primal" (I eat a lot of dairy (full fat, don't worry)), though I see the benefits of many of it's precepts and have incorporated a few into my diet. I find that trying to strike a balance between ideas found in books like Fallon's "Nourishing Traditions" and ideas found in paleo resources like Marks' Daily Apple has worked out great for me.

Anyways, I was wondering what everyone had for breakfast today? Even if this thread is old... keep posting! I want to hear what other peoples' breakfast rituals are so that I might branch out a little bit. (Though, I suppose I don't really have any reason to... I love my breakfasts despite the fact that it's essentially the same thing every day)

Here is what I have:

- 1 Cup organic whole milk yogurt

- 3 slices bacon (pan fried)

- 3 scrambled eggs (w/ 1-2 tbsp heavy cream whipped in)

Eggs are topped with:
    - Sautéed mushrooms and onions (I use the bacon fat left in the pan to sautée them).
    - 1-2 Tbsp whole organic sour cream
    - 1-2 Tbsp guacamole

mmmmm...

I realize that for some, this might be huge. For some, small. I eat this much and am satiated until the mid afternoon. This helps a lot since I'm off at school (San Francisco State Univ) most of the early afternoon. I usually take a small snack (a handful of almonds, peanuts, pecans etc.) to satisfy my oral fixation, but I'd be fine without it.

About 1 year ago, every morning my routine (for quite a long time) had been 2 bowls of cheerios with sugar, rasins, and vanilla soymilk (also known as sugar water) on top. I was hungry less than an hour later when I would arrive for my morning lecture. Upon all my research, I can't really blame my body for feeling hungry! Frankly, I'm surprised I'm not diabetic...

So let's hear it! What did you eat for breakfast this morning??

ORBren is offline Senior Member
    IF today but yesterday I had a chunk of left over roast beef, frozen blueberries with Mexican sour cream & tea with coconut oil. Yumm.

doghead is offline Senior Member
    Hey there -- theres already a pretty extensive thread on this.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...=eat+breakfast
    - If it was cute and cuddly at some point, eat it. Ignore everything else. -

- Food is first, and foremost, nothing more than fuel. -

- The body is animal. The mind, however, is not. -

Trevor.H is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by doghead View Post
    Hey there -- theres already a pretty extensive thread on this.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...=eat+breakfast
    I tried searching for "breakfast" but couldn't find this. Thanks, doghead.