Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible UTI? page

Tara is offline Senior Member

Possible UTI?

Primal Fuel
    AHHH I think I may have fallen prey to a UTI... anybody have any suggestions BESIDES antibiotics to fix this?

This is terrible!

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Yes. Two things found at most health food stores. D-Mannose (comes in a powder form) and is the part of cranberries that help coat the bladder so that the bacteria can't stick. You put a teaspoon in water and drink (it has no taste), every few hours.
    It can be expensive for the container ($28) but it lasts FOREVER. And having it on hand is key....

Second, Uva Ursi... you can get either tea bags, or a tincture that you put 20 or 30 drops in water and drink. Again, once every 4 hours or so.

In the meantime, if you're okay with it... take some Uristat or something comparable to help the pain for the first few hours until the other stuff kicks in. Drink lots of water to flush things through and avoid anything sugary (which you probably mostly do anyway, but that contributes to UTIs.)

They suck... I used to get them all the time, so I remember...good luck!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Thank you so much! I have a SUPER LONG day coming up, the Uristat will probably help me until tonight! Super, super helpful! I really appreciate it!!

You bet!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    I FEEL your pain.. quite literally as I have a UTI at the moment. I'm on antibiotics for it as I can't take any chances where my kidneys are concerned as I'm a diabetic. I know there must be something natural that cures them, so I'm going to try these recommendations too. Thanks Minxxa.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
    I FEEL your pain.. quite literally as I have a UTI at the moment. I'm on antibiotics for it as I can't take any chances where my kidneys are concerned as I'm a diabetic. I know there must be something natural that cures them, so I'm going to try these recommendations too. Thanks Minxxa.
    For you SAQ, D-mannose, if your blood sugar can tolerate it, is a great preventative.

Tara, give it 24h, if there isn't a marked improvement, the abx are worth it.....it's not worth risking a kidney infection.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

proo is offline Member
    A onetime bullet: 1 heaping tsp sea salt in 8 oz water.

Great point Cilla... if it's not going away (without the Uristat stuff which just covers the pain), then definitely it's better to do abx.

At one point I would just take the d-mannose whenever the stuff happened which tended to make them more possible (i.e. sex, alcohol and/or my period... or a mixture of any of the two), just to fend them off. I love that stuff.

I finally have insurance so if it doesn't go away, I will definitely go in. Didn't get a chance to try the natural stuff today so I will have to go look for it tomorrow, I'm thinking I will try Henry's or Whole Foods? Are those the places I might be able to find the two you suggested? This is the 2nd one I have had in 3 years... so I guess I'm doing okay.

PS. The uristat can NOT be good for me, it turns my pee like, psychedelic colors! What?!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    LOL, yeah, that's what it does. It's part of the medicine that's making it not hurt. But yea, it's not a long term thing at ALL, just to get you to not be miserable while your meds are working.

I get D-mannose at whole foods, but Henry's most likely will have it. You may want to call if you don't want to be driving around! You should feel a difference in 12-16 hours for sure. I usually take a uristat when I take my first dose, and then don't take anymore as it should start working before the uristat wears off... if not, doctor it is!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast