Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a secret!! page

doghead is offline Senior Member

I have a secret!!

Shop Now
    A PRIMAL SECRET!

Just had a moment at work I thought would be fun to share.

We recently got some free bloodwork done at work - full analysis of everything. I was extremely happy with my results - perfect scores all around, especially happy after experimenting with a 95% carnivorous diet. I was talking about this with a co-worker, who has always been skeptical of my choices.

Her response to my perfect scores?

'Well, of course you do, every young person (I'm 24) gets that. You wait until you are my age (shes late 30s), and your cholesterol skyrockets, and your silly barefoot experiment fails and your arches fall... etc"

The whole time I couldn't help but grin at her. People just don't get it! They assume that growing old just comes with these preset conditions, and since everyone else gets it, that's just the way it is. So frustrating!

Yet so relieving to know that I will not fall prey to such silly assumptions.

Score one for the Primal Life!
    - If it was cute and cuddly at some point, eat it. Ignore everything else. -

- Food is first, and foremost, nothing more than fuel. -

- The body is animal. The mind, however, is not. -

mozzy10 is offline Senior Member
    Well I am late 30s and my cholesterol hasn't skyrocketed - due to my primal ways for the last year and half???

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Exactly, people really resist giving you credit for your good choices, because they don't want to admit they're good choices.

I am sure when I finally lose weight after I have my baby and get really going with a primal life, people will say "Oh well you're breastfeeding, that makes you lose weight!" or "Well you're running after a toddler!"... except that last time I didn't lose any weight. Funny thing, that.

Similarly, all the people in the forum who are preventing health issues as opposed to fixing preexisting issues... none of them will get recognition for their challenging achievement either.

It's not really about credit though... to me the real issue is that we end up unable to use ourselves as proof to help people make similar choices.

At least we get to enjoy our own health.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Exactly, people really resist giving you credit for your good choices, because they don't want to admit they're good choices.
    More to the point, they don't want to admit that they are making BAD choices.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

melodious is offline Senior Member
    One of my many goals is to be an example for my family. Evereyone (5 sisters and my mom) knows how I've been eating. So, my plan is to show up at Christmas and wow them. I gave the book to my Mom at my birthday last month. If she's read it, maybe she can understand what she'll see.
    My goal is to be 35 pounds lighter than I was at Christmas last year, and stronger. So, leaner, stronger and fitter.
    I hope it knocks their socks off.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Domo arigato, Mr, Roboto
    Domo, Domo

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    More to the point, they don't want to admit that they are making BAD choices.
    Exactly!

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Glad im not the only one dealing with 30somethings calling themselves "old". wtf...

doghead is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatMe216 View Post
    Glad im not the only one dealing with 30somethings calling themselves "old". wtf...
    Wow. I am going to turn this into a pretty fantastic comeback next time I get into it with her.
    - If it was cute and cuddly at some point, eat it. Ignore everything else. -

- Food is first, and foremost, nothing more than fuel. -

- The body is animal. The mind, however, is not. -

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatMe216 View Post
    exactly..flipping cheek. 80 is old!
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast