Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how much weight should I lose after nearly two weeks of primal eating? page

fortunata is offline Junior Member

how much weight should I lose after nearly two weeks of primal eating?

Shop Now
    I'm fifty. Female. On 100mcgs of Thyroxine a day. I weigh ten stone twelve pounds and would like to be nine stone ten pounds. I'm five foot six and fairly athletically built. I have lost three pounds in the last eleven days or so eating primally. Is this ok?

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Could you translate "ten stone twelve pounds" into pounds, please?

I can't speak to the Thyroxine - I assume, from the name, that it's for a thyroid issue - but if you're athletic and you've dropped three pounds in eleven days, it sounds like fat burning to me. I dropped 27 pounds in the first month alone and I'm definitely not an athlete (but then I started out at 400 pounds).
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Daemonized is online now Senior Member
    That sounds like a reasonable amount to lose in an eleven day time frame as well. There are a lot of variables in eating primally though so, if you would like to post more information about your diet then we could possibly offer you better advice.

melodious is offline Senior Member
    There are so many factors to consider, like how you were eating before, how much you have to lose, how athletic you are...and what kind of athletic.
    I think that 3 pounds in less than two weeks is pretty good. If you weren't retaining much water before, you wouldn't lose as fast as some people I see posting here.
    Keep going - you're doing really well.

thanks for replying.

To Griff... ten stone twelve pounds is 152 pounds.
    I've been eating meat and fish cooked in ghee with tons of green vegetables, nuts, coffee with cream, taramasalata, lots of strawberries and a fair amount of apples.
    I rock climb and walk but have been glued to the computer since May, writing a Master's dissertation which is now handed in.
    So... three pounds isn't bad! Thanks so much all who replied and for the encouragement. Primal eating is a great way to eat. Somewhere in my bones, at some strange level, it just feels right.
    Fortunata

ericfoster3 is offline Senior Member
    I've found that between 1% and 1.5% weight loss per week is normal in the beginning.

KestrelSF is offline Senior Member
    OK I just have to ask ... what the heck is "taramasalata"

You might want to lay off the apples for a while, they do have a lot of sugar in them.

Taramasalata

Hi, KestrelSF. Sorry to be so vague. I don't know if you can get it in America. Taramasalata is a paste made from fish roe, lemon juice and olive oil. High fat and very tasty.
    Fortunata

StoneAgeQueen is offline Senior Member
    Is the taramasalata home made or did you get it from a shop? Nearly all taramasalata from shops contains breadcrumbs.
    Type 1 diabetic for 25 years.
    Low carb for 7 years, LC Primal for 2.5 of those.
    Fruit and starch free.
    Total weight loss- 3 stone/42 pounds. Current weight = 121 pounds. Height 5'5
    I take Zymessence systemic enzymes.

Ah... it was shop bought! Damn. I didn't know that. Serves me right for not looking at the label! Will make my own in future

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast