Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fasting page 3

NeoPaleo is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

I've recently become interested in this IF stuff. If you don't eat all day, do you eat a full 2000-3000 calories for an evening meal? I tried it for a few days a couple weeks ago and I had a hard time with how much I had to eat at night (or thought I had to eat anyway).

erik.cisler is offline Junior Member

Neo, just eat until you're no longer hungry. Sometimes I'll end up eating a 2000 calorie meal to end the fast, but not normally.

It's all about listening to your body. He's a pretty trustworthy dude.

Anonymous Guest

I don't, or have been trying not to. I'm finding that there's 2 styles of IF for me - planned and unplanned. If it's a planned IF, I'll eat a bit more for my meal prior IF, and more post-IF. I've read that coming out of a fast, protein is really important, so I also have some whey powder then. I find usually the second meal post-IF, I still need more calories, so that meal's a bit larger, as well.

For unplanned IF - I'm just not hungry so decide to start an IF - my post meal will probably be larger because it wasn't as staged.

I don't think I'm doing the full 2-3k calories in extra food, perhaps 1/2 of it. As an example, this morning my post-IF breakfast was 3/4 LB of steak, 4 eggs, and 1/3 a recipe of flax bread (which should be around 400 calories) - so, around 1200 calories overall. Normally, my breakfasts are 5-600 calories, so, about double that. I ate kind of weird the rest of the day, though.

I went through a phased approach though. For about 2 weeks, I was doing IF just through skipping a meal. I went through each of the meals a few times. Last week was my first 24-hr IF's. Even if you're eating low carb already, getting your mind & body used to the idea of the IF takes a bit. The first IF (short or long) is going to be rough. They get better afterwards.

NeoPaleo is offline Junior Member

When I tried a couple weeks ago, the not-eating part of the fast actually wasn't hard at all after the first day (the first day I felt really hungry and ate at around 1pm - after that I was able to hold off until 6pm for the next couple days no problem).

I think I tried to tackle it too cerebrally and tried to pre-plan my dinner so I'd still have 2000-3000 calories, 100-150g of protein, etc. I just couldn't eat that much food, yet felt if I didn't, I wouldn't be eating enough. Not to mention how difficult it was to prepare so much food while also trying to eat it.

Anonymous Guest

yeah, i'd just say to make a regular sized meal, or perhaps slightly larger and go from there. I don't think you *have* to eat those calories back if you don't want to.

Just be prepared to eat again if you feel you need to.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123