Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think my cat is vegan!! page

Sassy is offline Senior Member

Wink I think my cat is vegan!!

Primal Fuel
    When we got our new cat this spring, we were dismayed to find that he turned up his nose at the wet catfood our old cat loved so much. Instead he went wild for the crunchies.

Figuring that wet catfood probably isn't very tasty we've offered him raw beef, cooked beef, chicken, a little shrimp....all sniffed and ignored.

This weekend he was feeling a little off (has a cold) so I wanted to spoil him with something yummy. I tried chicken broth and whole milk. He ignored them both. But he went crazy for the sample of cat treats that came with the kitty litter.

Go figure!!

On the plus side - he loves pork rinds.
    Sassy: Revised - my primal log

Primallady is offline Senior Member
    Cats often become addicted to dry kibble. Maybe try a primal kibble- there are various brands- we use Pinnacle.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    I dunno, I think vegan would be like my old cat whose favorite treat was edamame soybeans. (and she had tremendous health issues... go figure!)

I think what you're experiencing is a cat who's so accustomed to the kitty version of SAD that it doesn't recognize the other goodies as food. Now that is sad!

He does hunt mice, though, so he's in touch with SOME of his natural instincts. *g*

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Ahhhh, but does he eat them.

Nope!!

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Have you caught him viewing 30bad?

mayness is offline Senior Member
    lol Daemonized... perhaps the trolls have gotten so intense that they're now training pets and sending them to infiltrate our homes.
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

OMG! Now I know where my bananas went!!!! Sneaky little bugger.....

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    PrimalCon New York
    My mum had her cat euthanased this Feburary (he was 24 and had kidney problems). Obviously this was before I knew about PB, but I've just looked at the ingredients of the brand of food she used to feed him: -

Chicken Ingredients: Meat and Animal Derivatives (of which Chicken 4%), Vegetable Protein Extract, Fish and Fish Derivatives, Minerals, Derivatives of Vegetable Origin, Coloured with EC Additives, Beef Ingredients: Meat and Animal Derivatives (of which Beef 4%), Vegetable Protein Extract, Fish and Fish Derivatives, Minerals, Derivatives of Vegetable Origin, Various Sugars, Tuna Ingredients: Meat and Animal Derivatives, Vegetable Protein Extract, Fish and Fish Derivatives (of which Tuna 4%), Minerals, Derivatives of Vegetable Origin, Coloured with EC Additives, Salmon Ingredients: Meat and Animal Derivatives, Vegetable Protein Extract, Fish and Fish Derivatives (of which Salmon 4%), Minerals, Derivatives of Vegetable Origin, Coloured with EC Additives.

FOUR PERCENT MEAT!!! Ironically it's called 'As Good As It Looks' (that's the name of the variety - the brand's Felix) - no wonder Samson never ate it! ASH?! What the f*ck's that doing in CAT FOOD...?!

There were more expensive versions ('Marinades', 'Country Recipes' (containing meat AND veg! Now, correct me if I'm wrong here, but I don't recall a cat ever hunting a carrot....) Roasted (which bears a sub-tagline 'As Good As You'd Cook Yourself' - I fecking well hope not!))

But the bottom line is, the core ingredients NEVER change - they think they can give it a fancy-schmancy name and charge 1.50 per box extra than the bog-standard.

The brand tagline...? 'Made With Quality Meats'!!

He did get real food though, and he had VERY expensive tastes - he used to LOVE skate wing and calves' liver, and he always used to get chopped up roast whatever on Sundays. He wasn't safe round prawns, either - and he always used to lick the gravy off your plate if you left it on the floor.

I miss the stupid thing... He was annoying, irritating, not very cuddly (he used to sit behind the desk chair when I was at the computer, and the number of times I almost ran the thing over his damned paw! I think I actually did do once... But it was entirely his own fault for sitting in EXACTLY the wrong place!)

Sorry it appears I've hijacked the thread again...
    La tristesse durera toujours...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast