Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: minimalist hunting footwear?? page

Classic is offline Senior Member

minimalist hunting footwear??

Primal Fuel
    I am so used to going barefoot or wearing runomoks or VFF's that my back hurts if I wear my old regular foot wear now. I wore my hiking boots this weekend for a retreat on hunting and fishing and my back bothered me the entire time. What are people wearing for winter or cold/wet foot coverings?

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    I'm wondering the same thing. I don't have a chance to deer hunt so often any more, but if I did, would be wondering what the alternative to the big clunker warm boots I used to wear would be. Something warm, waterproof and soft, so you could feel the ground, but resistant to stuff that might tear it up.

Is this a business opportunity?

Maybe so Sam. Let me know when you have the new line out eh? ;-)

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    There is a US distributor for Feelmax shoes / boots http://www.extremeoutfitters.us/sear...x?find=feelmax

Thanks Slowcooker. Have you ever worn the feelmax boot in the cold? Are they warm? The boot looks like it has mesh upper so would probably work for dryer days but not so sure about wet snowy/rainy days.
    Thanks for the website.
    I am going to be in Oregon in a couple of weeks and was going to stop into Softstar shoes. Perhaps while I am there I will ask if they could make me something to hunt in.

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    I haven't tried any of the feelmax shoes yet. I've been barefoot or in flip flops since the first days of spring
    The folks at feelmax sent me the link. I'm sure if you had questions that weren't answered on their website, that they would get back to you.

I will send them a note to ask questions. Thanks again.

Nat
    Nat is offline Member
    Oh good to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this problem; I've only been going barefoot for 24 days.

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    Bowhunting starts next week. In the past I have used LL Bean's Maine hunting shoe with great success, as minimalistic as I could find. Cabelas puts out a sneaker type boot that I saw earlier this week that has possibilities. I have an idea though that might make the ultimate minimalist hunting shoe, scuba boots, they should keep you warm an dry and enable you to sneak around the woods. I am going to give it a try, will let you all know.
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    You might look at Russel mocassins. They have a line of hunting boots. They have worked over the past year with a barefoot runner to develop a line of boots with no heel rise. They use the army "munson" last that is a good shape for feet with a wide forefoot. They are not inexpensive but I gather the quality is top notch. I am tempted. I have also been thinking of Steger mocassins for deeper winter.

http://www.russellmoccasin.com/new_p..._footwear.html

OneDeltaTenTango, over and out

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast