Thread: Can Frittatas be baked? (without having to panfry first) page

superseiyan is offline Member

Can Frittatas be baked? (without having to panfry first)

I'm asking if they can just be baked.

All recipes I'm seeing seem to say fry it first for 5-8 minutes, then transfer to oven.

Is there a recipe/way for the Frittata to just be baked from the oven? Would it have the same consistency?

I'm very happy to have "discovered" frittatas. I had the first one I've ever had (really) recently, and I think I may have found the Primal answer to Pizza.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Sure. You could pre-cook any ingredients that need pre-cooking, throw it all in a baking dish, pour in the eggs, then bake. I consider that more of a "crustless quiche" than a frittata, but that's just semantics.

In my experience, it will have the same texture but take a lot longer to cook. That's the only reason I do frittatas more often - they're SO FAST. If you're just baking, count on 30-60 minutes depending on the size.
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    Try egg cups! We love them and they are great to cook ahead of time and have on standby.

We have all the cooked meat, or grated cheese, or chopped veggies ready. Butter muffin cups, We make the large ones, fill them a little over half with what ever you want in it, add salt and pepper, and then top off with beaten egg. it takes 1-2 eggs per muffin, depending on the size.

We love;
    spinach, sausage, mushroom and cheddar.
    red pepper, japeleno, pepperjack cheese
    Bacon, asparagus, basil
    left over steak, peppers, onions and cheddar

Bake them off, takes about 20-25 mins a pan, at 350 degrees. We make 18 at a time and the last only about 3 days (3-4 of us eating)
    The bacon, asparagus and basil is fantastic warmed up later and topped with a sauce of cocunut milk and curry paste!

Marisa is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redflame View Post
    Try egg cups! We love them and they are great to cook ahead of time and have on standby.

We have all the cooked meat, or grated cheese, or chopped veggies ready. Butter muffin cups, We make the large ones, fill them a little over half with what ever you want in it, add salt and pepper, and then top off with beaten egg. it takes 1-2 eggs per muffin, depending on the size.

We love;
    spinach, sausage, mushroom and cheddar.
    red pepper, japeleno, pepperjack cheese
    Bacon, asparagus, basil
    left over steak, peppers, onions and cheddar

Bake them off, takes about 20-25 mins a pan, at 350 degrees. We make 18 at a time and the last only about 3 days (3-4 of us eating)
    The bacon, asparagus and basil is fantastic warmed up later and topped with a sauce of cocunut milk and curry paste!
    Just made a batch of these (9 total) last night for quick breakfasts in the morning. They take 30 seconds to reheat in the microwave from the refrigerator, plus I'm freezing some. Made mine with spicy Italian sausage, onions and green bell peppers.

Make sure to oil the pans or baking cups if you're using those! I used paper cups and I thought they muffins would come out easily but they stick a bit.

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    I never pan fry my frittatas, I just layer in a baking dish and throw in the oven.
    For lots of tasty recipes, check out my blog -http://lifeasadreger.wordpress.com/

primalpatty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marisa View Post
    They take 30 seconds to reheat in the microwave from the refrigerator, plus I'm freezing some. Made mine with spicy Italian sausage, onions and green bell peppers.
    They taste good cold, too. They're awesome for take-along food.

ORBren is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I stick my cast iron skillet in the oven with some oil in the bottom while prepping the ingredients, then pour or layer (quickly now!) into the skillet, then back in the oven. This shortens the cooking time and gives a fry/bake combo.