Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair colour... change?! page

Kitty is offline Member

Hair colour... change?!

Hi All,

For some 16 years before I became Primal, i used to constantly dye my hair various shades sticking to permanent black for the last 14. When I became Primal I decided to stop slathering my head in various chemicals and start to go au natural.
    As I remember it, my hair always used to be a mousy brown but now... well, now it seems to have developed some pretty shades of light and dark brown and even some auburn [my mothers hair used to be auburn]
    It looks like I have had a mix of highlights! Even the gray hairs seem to have stopped coming... or are at least less noticable.

Oh and my eyes... are much clearer and lighter shade of green.

Anybody else noticed this oddments?

Kitty

Victoria is offline Senior Member
    I just dyed my hair purple/pink, so I haven't noticed anything

However it is growing fast. It's been this color for a month and I already have about 1/4 - 1/2 inch of regrowth.
    "For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks." - Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

My Facebook (please send a message to introduce yourself though!)

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    My hair was always a mousy brown too and I used to dye it different shades of brown to liven it up a bit... I stopped dying my hair about a year before I became primal and my hair was no longer mousy brown but a nice rich brown with some natural auburn highlights. My own mother even asked me what was the new hair colour I was using, and was shocked when I told her it was all natural! Even pre-primal, I was eating around 80g fat daily (my macro ratio was about 30/30/30), so I think it's sufficient amounts of fat and protein that have an effect on hair.

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    Hi Kitty,
    we must have the same color of hair. I would say that mine was "mouse brown" too. After being primal for a year it really is a different color. Lots more gold and red tones. I still have a white spot in the front, but I like it. Have you gone (no poo) as well?

You are right about the eyes too. I used to think I had really pretty eyes because of all the "spokes". Now they are just very clear. Every one of the lines is gone. What is going on?

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    I think I have less grey hair. But that could be wishful thinking LOL
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

melodious is offline Senior Member
    The same thing happened (hair color) to one of my sisters, but it had nothing to do with her food choices. Hers went from brown to brown with red highlights. She was shocked.
    I think in some cases, our hair just changes over time, and if we dye it, we don't see the gradual fade.
    Pregnancy can also screw with hair color, or the Pill, or any major hormonal thing.

Victoria - I'm dying mine pink tonight.

Chasintrail is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    Oh and my eyes... are much clearer and lighter shade of green.

Anybody else noticed this oddments?

Kitty
    Mine's purpleish right now too, can't help on the hair color.

But the eyes - not me, my cat. Adopted him from the shelter and he had the usual cat eyes with the lines and dots everywhere. Put him on a grain-free kibble and now he has the clearest prettiest green eyes. My boss mentioned that his cats' eyes did the same thing when they were switched... Hmmmm, have to go home and look at mine!

ORBren is offline Senior Member
    I think the bright colors are so cool looking - but for me... I put hair dye in the #2 law Avoid poisonous things. I am dark brown with lots of grey, much softer and shinier with a primal diet.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Oh no way am I ready to embrace my grey hairs. uh uh. I think my hair may be growing faster, I'm noticing my grey stripe a lot faster since I coloured it last. I havent paid much attention to my eyes, but I think they look the same, green. will keep an eye on them. No pun intended.

ZoŽ is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Suse, try henna. I haven't touched hair dye in about 5 years but I color my mom's hair with henna (get a box that says it covers gray) and it works wonderfully. No chemicals at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast