Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newbie from Atlanta page

tmac10 is offline Member

Smile newbie from Atlanta

Primal Fuel
    Hi All!
    I've been experimenting with going primal for the past few weeks & after 'lurking' around these forums i thought it'd be beneficial to finally join in! i'm a 25yoa female living in the big city of Atlanta. i struggled since my early 20's (college) with my weight and have tried every diet under the sun. my biggest struggles tend to be 'yo-yo' weight loss/weight gain and actually sticking to something. a friend introduced me to primal and i've been doing fairly well but struggle most with eating out. also, i'm not sure if i'm doing it 100%, i still include nuts & fruits as well as some dairy (almond milk, full fat cheeses and greek yogurt). i wanted to get insight if these things are hindering/hurting my progress? i also still enjoy coffee in the mornings with splenda (can't kick the habit). would love any/all insight and invite! i'm looking forward to the journey!

tamo42 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome. There are a lot of atlantans here on the forum. I'm otp in the burbs myself. If you want detailed recommendations about your food, feel free to post the details of what you are eating and/or start a journal.

shannon is offline Senior Member
    hi there, welcome;-) i'd really kick that habit (splenda) in the butt, nasty stuff!! good luck on your journey.
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Hey! I'm in Atlanta. Intown. Morningside/Emory. There are many of us 'intown'. I'd love to get together for coffee - especially at Octane - if you'd like to.

Best,
    Katherine
    cillakat @ gmail . com

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Quote Originally Posted by tmac10 View Post
    also, i'm not sure if i'm doing it 100%, i still include nuts & fruits as well as some dairy (almond milk, full fat cheeses and greek yogurt).
    Chances are that initially, you'll be able to keep things in your diet that you may have to later ditch.

Every once in awhile, I like tracking several days worth of data in dailyburn.com. nutritiondata.self.com is much more thorough (Ω3:Ω6 ratios and more), but the UI is a PITA. If you can deal with it, it is worth it.

Best,
    Katherine

tmac10 is offline Member
    thanks for the welcome everyone! cillakat, i live in marietta, about 10-15 min north of the city. where is octane, i'm not familiar with that?

thanks for the welcome everyone! cillakat, i live in marietta, about 10-15 min north of the city. where is octane, i'm not familiar with that?
    I was ever so hopeful that you were just down the street from me. lol

Octane is in Emory Village. It's a fabulous little indy coffee shop. Still though, if you ever want to venture into town and have grassfed burgers with Lynnie and I at FarmBurger (decatur), that would be wonderful!

tmac10 is offline Member
    i'm up in the 'burbs but don't mind a drive into the city at all! is Lynnie a fellow primal? i'm just getting used to this diet and not sure if i'm doing it 100% correctly, would love some tips, are you 100%? have lived in the ATL for a little over the year now and with the daily stress of career & boyfriend i haven't made many quality friends, would love some new friends!

Jules is offline Junior Member

Welcome

Thanks for the visit to my journal. My sister just moved to Atlanta and I have a friend living in Canton. I just love the Atlanta GA area! GREAT PEOPLE. Sounds like you are off to a pretty good start.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i'm up in the 'burbs but don't mind a drive into the city at all! is Lynnie a fellow primal? i'm just getting used to this diet and not sure if i'm doing it 100% correctly, would love some tips, are you 100%? have lived in the ATL for a little over the year now and with the daily stress of career & boyfriend i haven't made many quality friends, would love some new friends!
    Lynn/Lynnie is yogadaily - another mda'er and someone I've known for 10+ years in real life.

I'd love to get together.

cillakat @ gmail . com

Katherine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast