Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How long before symptoms of your "poison" intake appear? page

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member

How long before symptoms of your "poison" intake appear?

Primal Fuel
    I imagine it's different for every person due to metabolic differences, but I'm curious what the layout is here. For me, if I eat a big ol bowl of greek yogurt, I'm farting all day starting within hours of eating it :P Other foods though, like wheat, I don't seem to get a reaction from at all.

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member
    It depends on what I eat and how much of it I eat. Most things generally avoided (grains, legumes) don't do anything to me and dairy is no problem either. Sugar doesn't do much other than give me lots of energy for half an hour or so.
    HOWEVER, soda (and I'm assuming most artificial sweeteners i.e. aspartame, etc) will make me feel like crap within half an hour. I had gone without it for about a year and then bought one a few weeks ago because I was dead tired and had a 3-hour drive ahead of me so I wanted caffeine... bad choice, lol.
    Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Griff is offline Senior Member
    With wheat and other grains - no more than half an hour, and it could be a single bite of wedding cake. That's all it takes for me to react, and the reaction stays for two or three days before going away. I only had to do that experiment once or twice before I learned that I simply cannot touch anything made of grains without intense pain.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Wheat, beer, whiskey - Almost instantly. Also, walking through the bread aisle or smelling someone making toast.

Other things - no problem

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    gluten gives me mild nausea almost instantly, then stomach cramps after about 6 hours, then a long trip to the bathroom after about 12. everything clears up after about 36 hours

Karna is offline Junior Member
    Interesting topic. would like to hear reactions from more people.

Sugar gives me new acne after 12 hours and it lasts for 2 days...Then finally it fades away.

979roadrunner is offline Senior Member
    When my wife gives way to her addiction to tortilla chips, constipation is soon to follow, like that night. sometimes the next, too.
    Recently I dicovered an unfinnished bag of popcorn in our pantry anf ate it. Arthritis flare the next day, and the day after.
    I'm not old, I'm Vintage!

Primal Onahill is offline Junior Member
    Sounds like I'm pretty lucky. After 6 months of close to 95% PB, I'm finding that I can enjoy the other 5% with no problems except maybe a heavy stomach for awhile. I've yet to make it through a whole piece of birthday cake, though. I just can't eat super sweet anymore.

Annika is offline Senior Member
    I have noticed a correlation between wheat and knee pain. I had a cheat week while on an family vacation in early August and ate quite non-Primally, including wheat. My bad knee was killing me that week, even though I didn't work out at all (I had been wondering whether squats & KB swings were aggravating it). When I got home and back on a Primal diet, the knee pain went away.

I have eaten wheat twice since then, and both times my knee bothered me the next day. Could be coincidence, but it seems like a pretty clear correlation to me!
    My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
    On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

theholla is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Refined sugar starts to bother me within 15-20 minutes, unless it is buffered with epic amounts of fat. Wheat is hit or miss for me. Usually I can eat it no problem, but occasionally I will develop mild nausea within a few minutes.

These are just the things I've noticed so far. Otherwise, I'm still working on sorting out what my "poisons" are exactly.
    The Primal Holla! Eating fat. Getting lean. Being awesome.

You were sick, but now you're well, and there's work to do. - Kilgore Trout

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast