Thread: need creative people for meal plan! page

shannon is offline Senior Member

need creative people for meal plan!

Primal Fuel
    our food supply is SHORT!!! we won't be able to go shopping until either monday night or tuesday morning ($). here's what we have and i need to get through todays lunch until tues. morning. we have: 1lb. lamb, lots of veggies, 2lb.lard, 1 can anchovies, 1 can tomatoes, 2 cartons eggs, frozen shrimp, lots of chicken stock and that is it:-( HELP!!! i was thinking i could fast so the rest of the fam have more food?? ugh!
    is it tuesday yet?
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Ok, no fasting until tuesday silly billy.

You have:

1lb. lamb,
    lots of veggies, 2lb.lard,
    1 can anchovies,
    1 can tomatoes,
    2 cartons eggs,
    frozen shrimp,
    lots of chicken stock and that is it:-( HELP!!! i was thinking i could fast so the rest of the fam have more food?? ugh!
    is it tuesday yet?

Breakfast is egg scrambles with lots of veggies to fill up on, or those awesome egg frittata muffins full of veggies, and a crustless shrimp quiche.

Lunches: devilled eggs, egg drop veggie soup

Dinner night 1: roast the lamb with veggies. (or is it ground lamb? If so, make some meatballs and serve with tomato sauce.)
    Dinner night two: lamb stew, using some of the chicken stock, and a ton of veggies and the tomatoes. (if ground, save some of the meatballs (make them small) and make meatball soup/stew.)
    Last edited by lil_earthmomma; 09-19-2010 at 09:29 AM.

thanks sweetie! i figured we'd be eating a crap load of eggs to get by, i'll be avoiding those for the next month lol;-)
    it is ground lamb btw
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Ground lamb? Make meatballs. Make a honking huge vat of stew with the veggies and half the meatballs. Make salads (warm and cold), serve alone, or coat with some form of pureed veggies sauce with the rest of the meatballs. Create shrimp/ veggie omelets, or shrimp protein salads if you can't take another meal of lamb meatballs. Eggs for breakfast, HB eggs in lunchtime meals.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

this is exactly why i asked the primal community, i panicked and couldn't think straight!! no food, no money...AHHHH! thanks guys;-)

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    You could also use the chicken stock, shrimp veggies and eggs to make an egg drop soup.

thank you all for the ideas!!!! it is monday night which means tomorrow i will be haulin' ass to the store;-)
    p.s. we ended up making eggs 4 breakfast, frittata's 4 lunches and lamb w veggies day#1 and shrimp soup day#2. i am SO looking forward to sinkin' my teeth into a huge smoked turkey thigh from wholefoods tomorrow (tummy rumbles)