Thread: Terra Plana Evos page

citric is offline Junior Member

Terra Plana Evos

Primal Fuel
    My wife suggested I'm a nerd for wanting to post a picture of my new Evos on Facebook. Therefore, I'll post the pic where I know people will appreciate it. I can't wait to go running in the morning!

evos..jpg

Roberta is offline Senior Member
    I look forward to seeing them as soon as the photo is approved

shemdogg is offline Senior Member
    Seem cool don't know much about terra planas

gator70 is offline Member
    They look great, but it's funny how minimalist shoes seem to cost as much as regular shoes even though they use less material. Ironic huh? I am interested though so, please keep us posted on their performance, I'd like to know how good they are. They are listed at $160 on the web site, did you find them cheaper anywhere else? How strong do the uppers appear to be?

First off, they run great! They require a cadence similar to the VFF. However, in my case, they don't bother my toes (especially my pinky toes) like the VFFs do. I've read of some people taking the insole out, but I left mine in. They are easy to get on and off. My goal was to find a minimalist shoe that was easy to get on in T2 of a triathlon. These seem to fit the bill, but I'll let you know after my next race.

As for the price... I agree it is strange they are as expensive as high end traditional shoes. However, I can see the logic. Remember that the shoe companies encourage a high turnover of the traditional shoes. They generally say every 300-500 miles. Their logic is that the cushioning is beat down after that many miles. With the minimalist shoes, you don't have the cushioning to beat down. Therefore, in theory, you should be able to run many more miles between shoes. I'll let you know if that theory pans out, but that is my guess.

gator - on the second part of your question. The uppers seem to be a little more rugged than traditional shoes. They are one piece, so no sewn seams. On my traditionals, I tend wear out the seam stitching first. I did pay the $155 price tag...

mikewootini is offline Senior Member
    One thing on Terra Nova's pricing. Consider that they strive to make the shoes themselves and the shoes are made with a maximum amount of renewable resources. Consider that with fewer shoes, and you get this slightly higher cost. When comparing this shoe to say 'prada' it's way cheaper. ;-)
    -mikewootini
    ==================================================
    While I am 100% primal, sometimes I change gears to Paleo.
    twitter feed * Wootini Gallery

gator70 is offline Member
    Thanks for the feedback, I might have to get me a pair. One last question, did you order them online, if so how did they size?

PrimalCon New York
    Gator - Sorry I didn't see your post until now.

I bought them in-store. They are european sizing. They sized the same as my cycling shoes, and the european equivalent of my Asics.