Thread: In a wheelchair page

Nancy is offline Junior Member

In a wheelchair

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone. I have a friend who is in a wheelchair and wants to lose weight, asked me for advice. Is there anyone here who is bound to a wheelchair and is successfully moving like Grok via a wheelchair? He cannot stand up at all, can only use his upper body. any suggestions I could pass on to him is greatly appreciated!!
    thank you!

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Have you made him fix his diet? No amount of exercise can make up for a bad diet.

Nancy is offline Junior Member
    yes, that is the easy part for me helping him. not sure what to tell him since he cannot walk, hike, ride a bike etc...

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i bet if you googled "wheelchair" and exercise, you would come up with a plethora of exercises he could do.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    There are some amazing wheelchair athletes out there, as well as wheelchair dancers (who are super cool). You can get hand-cranked bikes, ice sleds for playing sled hockey, racing wheelchairs for speed, and a ton of other sports stuff. I'm sure there are many fitness things he can do--even going for a good long trip around the neighbourhood in his chair would be great as a move slowly workout.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I suppose this would be a little overly ambitious to start with: http://www.break.com/index/first-eve...uble-back-flip