Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Long, lean, ballet dancer muscles? page 3

Mav3rick is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Vick View Post
    Ain't gonna happen. People swim competitively to have that long slendor look of a swimmer. Watch an NCAA swimming event. You see all shapes and and sizes, but when you get to the finals, you only see swimmers with swimmers bodies.

You can starve yourself and become slim. You can workout to become stronger and workout to build muscle mass. However you will never overcome your genetic profile, you will only succeed in pushing your genetics to their maximum potential.

That is the most worthy of goals.
    That is basically the implied meaning. Worry about dancing and don't worry about having the body of someone else.

Your body does respond differently to different types of stimulus however. Even if someone has a genetic predisposition to having more type 2 muscle fibers doing primarily endurance based activities will develop the type 1 fibers that are present.

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    oooo...what are type 1 and 2 muscle fibres...? interesting....i will look that up! I was looking for some fun dance to do - to improve core, poise, grace (LOL) and rythmn (white girl can't dance - much) and confidence...plus anything like yoga will help when using bodyweight....just cause i lke variety and i prefer to learn something than just lift stuff....
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    Different types of exercise DO develop muscles differently.
    For me, kettlebells lead to shorter, rounder muscle development (I have very long, tapered muscles genetically) and I love this for my butt because it gives it more shape, but I don't like it as much for my arms. I like Elizabeth Halfpapp's (from Core Fusion) arms (scroll down on link to see her): http://www.amazon.com/Exhale-Core-Fu.../dp/B001AZI236

If you want to develop the muscles in a *longer* manner, Core Fusion, Lotte Berk and The Bar Method (all isometric, mostly bodyweight based) are great. Core Fusion is my personal favorite. T-Tapp will also achieve this. Of course, if you have very short muscles, they're never going to be long, but you can develop them in a more lengthened way, as opposed to a very round way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123