Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Primal Aussie page

GrokGoddess is offline Member

Smile New Primal Aussie

Shop Now
    Hi to everyone

I started eating primally about 5 weeks ago, and am loving it. I wish I had remembered to take baseline photos and get some blood work done, oh well, the results are happening regardless.

I haven't read TPB yet, but it is on order and I am getting impatient waiting for it.

I have had so many physical improvements in such a short amount of time:
    1. So far lost 6kg/13lbs in 5 weeks, and I love not being a sugar burner anymore.
    2. No more heartburn
    3. IF has been a breeze and if I get a headache from possible lack of food it rates about a 3 out of ten, compared to my hypoglycaemia headaches of 9/10.
    4. The bumpy skin on the back of my triceps that indicates lack of EFAs is 90% smoother.
    5. It's so much quicker to go shopping when there are less aisles to go down.

I so still have quite a way to go until I actually look like a Grok Goddess, but I am getting so much closer everyday with very little effort.

I haven't really started exercising yet, and I'm not going to force myself to do it, cos what would be the point if I don't want to do it? But soon, very soon I will be. Having less of me to carry around is making me want to start moving my body again.

have a great day
    Carlye

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    Have a great day too! PB is very good.

Mog
    Mog is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!!

I'm not so good with the exercise either. Good luck with that...

almostGrok'd is offline Senior Member
    Another bloody Aussie..... thank goodness!!!!
    Nice to have you around. It's as 'easy' as Mark says it is.... oh.. which you will read once your book arrives.
    I only do power yoga and prasara yoga for exercise, maybe some 5km walks once spring really springs, as I can't do running sprints coz of dicky-knees!
    Don't sweat it... as you said.... don't do it if you don't enjoy it!!

peril is offline Senior Member
    Welcome GG. I've made walking part of my daily commute. Just walk past the bus stop that's only 30m from my front gate and keep walking for another 2.5km. Repeat on the way home. This costs me very little in time out of a busy life and is very enjoyable. With the right gear, rain doesn't even have to get in the way. Once you make "moving slowly often" a part of your life its not too hard to take on the more strenuous activities

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the primal community! Good luck on your journey!!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

GrokGoddess is offline Member
    Thanks to all my fellow Aussies that welcomed me, and errr, to PrimalToad. Toads scare me, I'll be keeping my eye on you C:

thanatos is offline Senior Member
    Plenty of us Aussies here.

That bumpy skin is called Keratosis Pilaris, I have had it for about ten years and I checked yesterday and mine too seems to be fading. Thank heavens for that.

kiwineil is offline Senior Member
    welcome to you .. im in sydney and in my second week, struggling with the primal flu but determined to stick with it ....

im sure yr grok goddess will unleash.....

FitGirl is offline Junior Member
    Welcome GG! Where abouts in beautiful QLD are you? I'm currently in Canberra but will be moving to Brisbane in January :-) I can't wait to enjoy the QLD lifestyle again! I'm 2 months into PB and the exercise is definitely getting easier as the weather improves... Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast