Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who's excited about XC ski season? page

Karma is offline Senior Member

Cool Who's excited about XC ski season?

Primal Fuel
    My new rollerskis shipped today. Went top shelf with V2 XL150S with speed reducers and emergency brake set-up. Also got new Alpina Rollerski (breatheable) boots. Total cost was $750, but they should last a good long time and I will get my money's worth for sure. I can't wait to get out on the trails around here on the new wheels and get the crazy looks from all the NorCal folks who have never seen rollerskis! It's only a few short months until the snow falls in Tahoe and we can wax up the skinny skis and start racing!

Anyone else XC ski for fitness? We should all meet for the Great Ski Race in Tahoe this March. 30K race from Tahoe City to Truckee. A blast of an event, I have completed it three times now and can't wait to see how my primal training compliments my skiing.

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    Seriously psyched...like all years. We have greaqt trails,very well groomed, in Anchorage with maybe 40-50 km w/ lights. The Tour of Anchorage (25-40-50 km race) through the heart of Anchorage is a great time. First weekend in March, timed with the start of the Iditarod.

OneDeltaTenTango....over and out

Mainer is offline Senior Member
    I am pumped about downhill skiing and snowshoeing, so close but not the same. The roller skis sound awesome though!
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

bilgeh2o is offline Junior Member

absolutely

I am always excited about the start of the XC season. Hiking the hills at Kincaid with poles, mountain biking, swimming, sprinting, and paddling to get ready. Hope we have a repeat of last year's great snow. Ski season is the high point of the Alaskan year.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Wow cool, I've never even heard of roller skiing! Now I live in the Canadian Rockies, so... we get lots of winter! lol I'm way excited to get snowboarding! <3 It snowed a little yesterday, but just a teaser.

citric is offline Junior Member
    It's been years since I have XC skied. I try and find someone to go with me each year, but never succeed. I might have to go solo this year...

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    I have never done it, but I plan on trying this year. We can rent skis and stuff from the Outdoor Rec, so I can see if I like it before I invest in my own equipment. The season here is quite long, so if I like it I will definitely buy my own stuff.

batty is offline Senior Member
    i've been XC skiing since, like, 7th grade. love it. except in ohio, you can't really get the good stuff in until about january-february, which is a bummer.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Hanna is offline Senior Member
    YES!! I Love XC skiing! being in the middle of Sweden helps! I have done the Vasaloppet (90K) twice, and will do the version in february. Love, love, love snow!

Peggy is offline Senior Member
    I L O V E S N O W!!!! that's why I live where I do (Winter Park? Hello!!) I can xc practically outside my front door. Day or night (head lamps, Ya!). I also love to tele at the resorts (I live by 2) and snowboard, and snowblade This year I want to add snowshoes to my pile of snow toys. Bring it! I'm ready

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast