Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for Asthma Sufferers page

Grizz is offline Banned

Question for Asthma Sufferers

Primal Fuel
    I found this thread AMAZING.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...nza-infections

It was said that Vitamin D Supplements had cleared up Asthma !

Has anyone else noticed this miraculous connection?

I also found these links that support this phenomenon:
    http://www.drweilblog.com/home/2010/...nd-asthma.html
    http://www.newsonwellness.com/1377/w...thma-risk.html

PS) I suffer from exercise induced Asthma

Many thanks to all,
    Grizz

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    Awesome, Wifey Fist and myself both have asthma and have both recently started taking Vitamin D... fingers crossed!

Grizz is offline Banned
    THERE IS MORE ! ! !
    =====================
    I went to my favorite doctors website and found a link between low levels of Vitamin D and Diabetes as well as Asthma ! !
    http://heartscanblog.blogspot.com/

Also found a google on Diabetes + Vitamin D produced thousands of hits !
    This is typical:
    http://bastyrcenter.org/content/view/764/

Additional Information just found:
    ========================
    Why waste money on vitamin D pills at all?

FOODS HIGH IN VITAMIN D
    ============================
    1) Shitake & Button Mushrooms
    2) 3.5 Ozs Mackerel supplies 90%
    3) 3.5 Ozs Salmon supplies 90%
    4) Herring - loaded with vit D
    5) Sardines - 1 tin supplies 70%
    6) Catfish - Loaded with Vit D
    7) Tuna fish - 3 ozs supplies 50%
    8) Cod Liver Oil - 1 Tbl spoon = 10,000 Units of Vit D (300%), loaded with more health benefits, see link
    9) Eggs - 10% of vit D per egg
    10) 1 cup milk - 25% of vit D
    11) Krill Oil 54 x more powerful than fish oil in Vit D
    12) Many Foods Fortified in Vit D include yogurt, cerials, etc - See links

Vitamin D is vital for cardiovascular, bone, mental health, and plays a role in cancer prevention.
    Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/25...#ixzz0zs0NFgMj
    * The prevention of chronic diseases such as many forms of cancer, osteoporosis, diabetes, heart disease, hypertension.
    * The protection and lubrication of your bones, teeth and hair.
    * The regulation of cellular growth and healthy cell activity
    * Overall reduction of the inflammatory response, a condition known to cause many chronic diseases, from cancer to diabetes to obesity.
    * Protection against adult osteoporosis
    * Reduction in the risk of breast cancer in perimenopausal women
    * Significant reduction in the occurrence of prostate cancer in African-American men
    http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/n...ing-vitamin-d/
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/25...ain-vitamin-d/

AMAZING BENEFITS OF KRILL OIL
    =======================
    Krill Oil supplements are a SUPER FOODS that supply not only ALL of our Vitamin D Requirements, but also rich in omega-3 fatty acids and many additional benefits. NOTE Krill Oil does not suffer the risks of mercury and pesticides.
    http://krilloil.com/krill-oil-benefits.html

Just take a Krill oil Supplement and call it a day!

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 09-18-2010 at 02:42 AM.

rozska is offline Senior Member
    I have exercise-induced asthma. I started supplementing with Vit D a few years ago. I did *not* see a decrease in my asthma at all. For me, cutting all grains eliminated my seasonal allergies, which in turn reduced my asthma. So possibly once your system is less inflamed, the Vit D can do its thing.
    If I don't live my dream, who will?

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I supplement with vitamin D, but I still have asthma. The thing that most improved my symptoms was cutting out gluten after my celiac diagnosis. Asthma can have multiple causes, and I am sure vitamin supplementation does help in some cases, but it does not seem to make much difference in mine. My asthma is primarily allergy and stress induced, so avoiding triggers helps quite a bit.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    I have everything-induced asthma. I haven't had any asthma meds since going mostly primal and supplementing with fish oil. I don't do vitamin D supps - yet. Losing weight is a great benefit, but giving up the meds is the best pb result for me, by far.

I'll just go ahead and admit I'm addicted to oxygen.
    Last edited by Piscator; 09-17-2010 at 02:57 PM.

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    My asthma is getting worse as I age; every cold I get seems to flip into a respiratory problem. I guess I'll try the vitamin D.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    I CURED my asthma with exercise several years ago.

Had bronchial asthma from about age 20 to early-40s. (I had what the doc called "lesions" that you could see on x-rays.) I'd wheeze anytime I exerted myself, and I dreaded catching a cold, because that meant I'd be continuously wheezing and living on inhalers for a couple of months.

Finally decided I just had to bite the bullet and power through it with jump-rope to increase my lung capacity. I'd jump a minute, then I'd wheeze and cough for 10 minutes, followed by a hit of inhaler (epinephrine, if I remember correctly) then I'd repeat. For about a month I was waking up and coughing all night, but I kept persisting with the jump-roping, and gradually the wheezing subsided and then I had to wean myself off the inhalers. One day I suddenly realized that it had been months since I'd had an attack, and I haven't had one since.

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonmamma View Post
    I CURED my asthma with exercise several years ago.

Had bronchial asthma from about age 20 to early-40s. (I had what the doc called "lesions" that you could see on x-rays.) I'd wheeze anytime I exerted myself, and I dreaded catching a cold, because that meant I'd be continuously wheezing and living on inhalers for a couple of months.

Finally decided I just had to bite the bullet and power through it with jump-rope to increase my lung capacity. I'd jump a minute, then I'd wheeze and cough for 10 minutes, followed by a hit of inhaler (epinephrine, if I remember correctly) then I'd repeat. For about a month I was waking up and coughing all night, but I kept persisting with the jump-roping, and gradually the wheezing subsided and then I had to wean myself off the inhalers. One day I suddenly realized that it had been months since I'd had an attack, and I haven't had one since.
    I've been a life long jogger and it's probably been a good thing for my lungs. I don't get too many actual attacks these days (I'm 62 now), but when I catch a cold, it does tend to turn into a respiratory problem. I keep my inhalers handy anyway, and the USCG made me acquire a pulmonologist. I'm hoping cutting out wheat products will help some, which I started when I started the PB 7 or so weeks ago. Also, I'm exercising less now, as my jogging had gotten to the point where it was running me down, making me more susceptible to colds.

An interesting thread.

Boosted333 is offline Junior Member
    I have been dealing with breathing issues, wheezing, coughing, etc, for about 5 years now. Ever since I started doing cardio at age 30... I was told it was Asthma or Exercise Induced Asthma, tried all sorts of things. Vitamin D, diet changes, food sensitivity test... Bee Pollen seemed to help. I also read "Mind, Body and Sport" and do a lot of nose-breathing during my workouts and just try to keep my mouth shut as much as possible. Helped tremendously, but trying to do spin class with my mouth shut was VERY hard. I even did a 1/2 trail marathon with my mouth shut.....

Then about a year ago I had some chest pains and I figured out it was from raw cacao nibs...

Just recently since our health insurance deductible was met, I scheduled a visit with a G.I. Doctor, because I googled "asthma GERD" and similar searches, and was convinced that my breathing issues, or "asthma" was really from acid reflux. I was right... The Doctor listened to what I had to say, and scheduled an upper GI Series where you swallow Barium as they watch through the x-ray, and then I had an endoscopy. I suffer from Reflux-Laryngitis, where acid-reflux effects my esophagus and larynx.

Just a few days on some meds, I feel better, I am breathing better... But I do not plan on being on these forever. Once these samples run out I want to try apple-cider-vinegar (2 tablespoons mixed into apple juice or water), and see if that helps.... A lot of people are having great luck with the ACV drink. I also notice that when I get my wheezing, if I eat an apple (or even some apple), the wheezing dissapears.

So, what i'm trying to say is get your stomach checked! Your asthma could be caused from acid-reflux....
    Last edited by Boosted333; 01-07-2011 at 01:02 PM.
    Dan Lombardi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast