Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are Primal Friendly Companies You Would Work For? page

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member

What are Primal Friendly Companies You Would Work For?

Primal Fuel
    If you could work for any primal friendly company in the world and make the same amount of money that you make at your current job (or more) where would you work?

I am currently job hunting and am applying to several Whole Foods positions across the country. What companies should I apply for next?

My motivation to work soars when it involves something I believe in. Sure, whole foods sells bread but I can't control that. I believe in Whole Foods and thus have a passion to work for them.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Most gyms wouldn't be too bad, I suppose, but the rat race of training doesn't appeal to me at all. Other than that... I can't really think of much to be quite honest.

You could always apply to Monsanto. Bet they'd love to have you...
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Monsanto? NO THANKS! Lol

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Judging by your avatar photo and location, I'm thinking you oughta go for being a ranch-hand on a grass fed cattle operation in Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Northern California. Okay, so I'm a smartass. I wouldn't do that either. But good luck finding something you can believe in - that's a solid step forward!

Hey, maybe Mark is hiring for the supplement or publishing end of his businesses.

Roberta is offline Senior Member
    You can work as a park ranger.

BoyPrimal is offline Senior Member
    I have three shifts left at Starbucks until I am QUIT FOREVER I HATE YOU STARBUCKS YOU ARE FAST FOOD.... *Ahem*

I'm leaving Starbucks to focus on school for a year, once that year is up I'll probably apply at Whole Foods if only for the discount while I keep pursuing my career. If I could do anything and still make a great living? I wouldn't mind running a highly sustainable, smart farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
    Judging by your avatar photo and location, I'm thinking you oughta go for being a ranch-hand on a grass fed cattle operation in Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Northern California. Okay, so I'm a smartass. I wouldn't do that either. But good luck finding something you can believe in - that's a solid step forward!

Hey, maybe Mark is hiring for the supplement or publishing end of his businesses.
    Haha yea if I could get free grass fed steak daily then it wouldn't be so bad...

Quote Originally Posted by BoyPrimal View Post
    I have three shifts left at Starbucks until I am QUIT FOREVER I HATE YOU STARBUCKS YOU ARE FAST FOOD.... *Ahem*

I'm leaving Starbucks to focus on school for a year, once that year is up I'll probably apply at Whole Foods if only for the discount while I keep pursuing my career. If I could do anything and still make a great living? I wouldn't mind running a highly sustainable, smart farm.
    Ah Starbucks - makes me remember my days at Bagel Beanery... a coffee and bagel shop... never again!

Nice blog by the way - I added you to my ever growing primal blogroll - http://www.primaltoad.com/community/blog/

Rip City is offline Senior Member
    I've actually considered cattle ranching as a new career path...hrm...

mikebike is offline Senior Member
    In this economy you're lucky enough to be employed at a decent paying job, much less find some thing so specific. Good luck in your endeavors.

Leanne is offline Senior Member
    I used to be a chiropractic assistant. The first office I worked in was great, actually I think those two doctors are on this forum somewhere? They even have a Primal Blueprint challenge going on in their clinic right now, teaching people to eat and exercise Mark Sission style. *wave to Drs. Ed and Karen*. It was pretty primal in what we taught the patients, (cut out sugar and refined grains, eat more organic unprocessed foods, get outside and exercise and take care of your spine and you will see improvements in multiple areas of your health) and the fact that it was 100% focused on natural and preventative health. I learned so much working there! It maybe wasn't lifting heavy things or working outside but it supported my interest in health and wellness and gave me the chance to feel like in some small way I was helping to improve the well being of other people. Then I moved back to my home town and started working for a different chiropractic office that didn't have the same feel to it and was definitely less primally influenced, the doctors didn't follow the advice and lifestyle they themselves were teaching their patients, not to mention paid next to nothing. Needless to say I have gone into a different much less primal field of work purely for the salary and benefits plans. It has helped me get out of debt, pay for our wedding and buy a new house (we move in ten days!!) but I often feel conflicted that I am in a field that contradicts the lifestyle I myself am trying to follow.
    The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease. - Thomas Edison

Vancouver Island Primal and Paleo Living <<< join our Facebook Group

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast