Thread: New in Goergia page

MrJames is offline Junior Member

New in Goergia

I'm glad I found this place.

I got out of the Army in 1993 and weighed 155 lbs. By 2000 I was up to 200 lbs. Now I'm 5'7" and 248 lbs. I lost 10 lbs already, I was 258! I'm a fatty and I hate myself for it.

I've been on a diet for the last 15 years of my life. I would lose 20-30 lbs, only to gain it back. I have spent hours a day on trend mills and other cardio equipment. I'm laughed at by friends when I tell them I spend hours at the gym every week. I would struggle to lose weight and my knees and ankles ache from the exercise. As soon as I stopped, I would gain all the weight back and more.

I have kept journals, and counted calories. I believed my body was different from everyone else, because I ate so few calories and still had a hard time losing weight. I would walk around so hungry, and then when presented with food I would stuff myself. I can't buy a bag of chips, I would eat the whole bag in one sitting. If they had free pizza at work, I would stuff myself.

Then about for weeks ago I stumbled upon an article about the Polish Atkins diet. I then found the web site second opinions, http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/ and the web site spacedoc http://www.spacedoc.net/.

I started cutting out carbs and eating more fresh fatty meat and salads. My friends and co workers think I'm crazy. I searched more on the internet and found this web site. It makes so much sense to me. I have spent the last four weeks reading diet plans. I read
    . They teach a high grain, low fat diet. The forums their they have before and after pictures of people who have lost weight with their diet. they look sick, their skin is all saggy, and they have no muscle tone. The success story pictures here, the people look fit , have tight skin, and good muscle tone.

I ordered Mark's book, and was going to get a T-shirt. I want that T-shirt, but I said No t-shirt until I meet my goal, which will be a year or so away, but I know I'm on the right path now, no doubt in my mind. The 10 lbs I've lost has been the easiest weight I've ever lost. I have more energy and feel great. They had Pizza at work the other day, and instead of seeing good food, I saw poison. It was easy for me to say no.

Thank you Mark!

Sam Cree is offline Senior Member
    Cool!

Best of luck! I like this too.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Where in GA are you? There are many of us here in Atlanta, Savannah, Dallas and more. Lots of Primal Georgians!

Best to you,
    Katherine

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

MrJames is offline Junior Member
    I'm in the macon-Warner Robins area, about 90 miles South of ATL down Ii-75

FMN
    FMN is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    MrJames, that is fantastic that you could walk pass the pizza! I'm so glad you found this forum too. What a great intro, and I can't wait to see the picture you post in one year with that shirt on!! My husband wasn't as disciplined as you, and he ordered his shirt this weekend. But i am going to follow your lead, and make the shirt a reward too...good idea!