Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GIRLY POST...guys, you've been warned! page

Rachellynne Guest

Question GIRLY POST...guys, you've been warned!

Primal Fuel
    I read a couple posts in which women have said going primal has made an improvement with abnormal periods.

I've had extemely abnormal periods for almost a year now (abnormal being that I'll get it every other month, sometimes a couple days, sometimes for weeks at a time or heavy in the morning and extremely light by that evening). The problem is I have no real idea when I'm going to get it and how it will be once I do...

I've been primal since monday (but sticking with dairy for now). I'm down 6lbs already and I'm loving it. Anyway I digress..

My last period was August 20th-27th. A little spotting since then, but that's become usual. I wasn't expecting to get another until October, but to my surprise I seem to have gotten it this morning (which would put me back on a normal schedule). Trying not to get my hopes up yet, but I was wondering wether any other women who went primal saw a change in theirs (especially if you'd been irregular)?

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Yes.

You most likely see some changes in your hormones eating primal. It will probably take a couple to several months to balance out, so it's probably too soon to tell, but give it some time.

There are a couple of threads on this forum regarding the girlie stuff... maybe search "period" and you'll probably get a few threads about this specifically with lots of personal stories!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

aboutsaffron is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, it took 4-5 months for my period to get back on track. It was really wonky for awhile, but now it's super light & on time. Cramps still happen, but not so much like they used to be. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

Tracy is offline Junior Member
    definitely. I am pretty regular now, and another plus: I have NO cramps now! I used to get pretty bad ones with back aches and all, and now I have no pain. It's great. Keep it up!

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Now that you mention it... I was talking to someone the other day and realize that I haven't had cramps really in a few months.
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Mirrorball is offline Senior Member
    Definitely. My periods used to be extremely irregular, I often had no periods for months on end, and now I get them every 28 days like clockwork. They are still painful.
    Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
    Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
    No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
    Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

Primallady is offline Senior Member
    I had no periods as a teen, hard trouble getting pregnant the first time (due to not ovulating) and when I switched my diet years ago to raw primal then later paleo , I got pregnant easily and got pregnant again 3 more times- without having a period . So I had no period for 17 years due to nursing kids. It came back when I turned 41. And I was shocked when it did- regular periods that occur every 28-30 days. The extra 2 days is due to a longer than usual luteal phase of 16 days. But I have never had cramps, clots, and the blood is bright red as it should be. Last from 3-4 days. I will get a dull back ache first few hours of first day of flow if I cheat and eat grain (non gluten and not very often but sometimes it's hard when you make GF stuff for the kids and it's with GF grains).
    Last edited by Primallady; 09-17-2010 at 04:45 PM.

shannon is offline Senior Member
    yes and they are soooooo much easier! cramps, moods, zits are a thing of the past. i did notice though when i was eating dairy my tom wasn't as easy. no more dairy 4 this gal. primal perks;-)
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    My periods did get weird and a bit irregular when I first when primal (but I stopped having horrible cramps- I've since learned that gluten is my trigger- even a few oz. of beer is too much gluten for me!) After years of very regular short cycles (luteal phase defect) they were suddenly 30-40 days.

I decided to help my body adjust faster by using Femaprin vitex. I've use vitex before without results, but this one is a German over-the-counter herbal drug (and has tons of studies) and I had read a ton of great reviews on it. It seems to be working nicely- it got me back down to 28 days within one cycle.

BoyPrimal is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh definitely. I'm incredibly regular, and better yet, my manPMS is so much more manageable now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast