Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: any former raw vegans out there? I have some questions... page 2

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    I was never a RV, but I have to say, you guys have had a very cordial conversation, even when presenting different opinions. I love it and have to say the meat/fat suits you well

YumYam, were you dragged over here in the great trolling?

Sorry, I'd prefer not to give out my name.

I forgot to mention, I also couldn't have a sex drive at all, even if I tried.

Good thing you didn't do it for the kids. I think a high fruit diet can still be optimal, but without the fat-soluable vitamins, at least for me - the teeth will fall out, & libido are a no-go

Dan Rivera is offline Member
    Yum Yam......
    Fo sho.
    (I'm on 30bad, same name. Shh, its a secret!)

Oh, and to NutMeg:

Not sure what "dragged over here by the great trolling" means?

But the super ethical vegans on that forum (moderators mostly) will bash Sisson and Primal like muslims and catholics.

Talk about sex drive.. hahahahahaha!!! Yeah, I have to agree, mine was nill to NONE! I really thought it was because of some hormonal problem that I didn't know about. That is until I stumbled upon the primal diet and it is off the hook! I'm like Wow! Its there! Its funny to read on the raw forums because most influential people like David Wolf and Paul Nison will address that problem as " oh its a good thing not to be thinking about sex all the time and have a high sex drive" huh??? NO ITS NOT! But ofcourse they convince people of that craziness!

Primallady is offline Senior Member
    Yeah I can understand not wanting to give your name out especially if you got ostracized by that community. They are no doubt reading this thread since Bananarider and his minions spy on these forums (hint, imagine if you guys actually had a sex drive, started having fun and stopped wasting time spying on people who choose to eat differently- we are not all alike despite what Dougie G says!).

I had zero sex drive too- I was too cold in that region and walked around for several years with a hot water bottle in my tights to keep my abdomen warm since I was freezing all over. I get nauseated just thinking about eating all those fruit breakfasts in the winter when I lived in freezing Vermont. Definitely out of sync with the environment. Even in Australia I couldn't do it.

Missprimal- eating raw does affect the hormones. Many women lose periods- they think it's better/cleaner and those that retain periods- many get hit with luteal phase defects etc;. That just says your body doesn't have enough building blocks to produce sex hormones. BTW- David Wolfe is not a raw vegan ( I wish raw leaders were honest but alas they are not- glad to see they give in to their cravings though- more should follow their cravings) and his sex drive is high but he's not dumb about it and uses maca, ant extracts and such to keep it high.
    Last edited by Primallady; 09-20-2010 at 10:23 PM.

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad you started this thread. I was wondering how many primal people were former raw folks. I've been raw for several periods of time off and on. Each time I'd lose muscle mass and strength. Since going primal I've gain my muscle and strength back, but I have one complaint. My muscles feel stiff and my low back seems to be sore all the time. I'm only doing hard workouts twice a week using body weight exercises. The other days of the week I walk and practice Martial Arts. I've thought about going back raw vegan to see if it makes a difference. Any suggestions? Any one else notice the same results?

Primallady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    I'm glad you started this thread. I was wondering how many primal people were former raw folks. I've been raw for several periods of time off and on. Each time I'd lose muscle mass and strength. Since going primal I've gain my muscle and strength back, but I have one complaint. My muscles feel stiff and my low back seems to be sore all the time. I'm only doing hard workouts twice a week using body weight exercises. The other days of the week I walk and practice Martial Arts. I've thought about going back raw vegan to see if it makes a difference. Any suggestions? Any one else notice the same results?
    How much animal food are you eating? I am personally not an advocate of eating that much animal flesh, I look at it as an adjunct rather than a mainstay. I don't want acidic joints and such so I eat around 80-85 % plants and 15-20% proteins. I eat higher fat than protein, basically I follow Primal Body/Primal Mind approach. Works for me, worked for me for years before I went RV. But of course that's also going to depend on your workouts- I hike, do yoga and do the Chalean program.
    Last edited by Primallady; 09-20-2010 at 11:15 AM.

Dave RN is offline Senior Member
    I have notseen that website before (30bad). I read it for a while. Seriously, are those people crazy? I'm just speechless.

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been eating 1 gram per pound of body weight. I weigh 170 pounds. Most of the protein is animal flesh. I have 2 eggs and some whey protein powder also.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast