Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Writing an article...need some guinea piggies..(mmm can you cook those?) page

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member

Cool Writing an article...need some guinea piggies..(mmm can you cook those?)

Primal Fuel
    I run my own online mag (www.simply-woman.com)

Now i'm only a few weeks into PB but since no other UK mag seems to have picked up on this - I'm gonna do so (and also see if i can flog the article to the dailies...see if we can get a few more UK converts!)

Anyway - i'll need to start collating info and my own stats over the next 6 months or so. I'd be interested to know;

*How many of you are recovering vegetarians/vegans
    *How many have been over 200lb on CW diets...meal replacement. WW etc..
    *How many (not veggies or vegans) were looking to put ON weight

*If anyone is willing to be one of the examples in the article...before and after etc…

What would you say were the important points to get across?;

I’ve got;

Debunking CW through expert comments and evidence…
    Selling the primal – eg free, easy, natural
    Opening people's eyes to the basic factsmof nutrition
    Challenging their beliefs around some of the core "bad" stuff for you...

Any help - pointers etc would be great...it will be a long term thing so if you find this in 6 months time - please still comment!

What are your favourite things to shock people with? Mine is the fact they fatten cattle with PUFA's. Then I pose the question to my audience - so what effect do you think it is having on you? And watch the light-bulb moment!
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    One recovering 'healthy whole-grain' vegetarian here - had 2.5 to 3 stone to lose (of almost 12 - this at 5'2"), lost 2 so far (since May). I'd never gone on a diet - refuse to do that to myself.

Key points... what you said, plus no deprivation (how about a sample day's menu or two, with photos?), and expecting the improvement in health to show in other things as well as reaching your natural weight, like better skin and hair.

Looking forward to reading the article!

SpiritWarrior is offline Member
    I'm still a vegetarian (lacto). My pre-PB diet and my current diet are actually very similar. The only difference is that instead of cereal for breakfast I now eat omelettes, and i also eat a little cheese and butter which i was not having before.

Before PB i would have curry and rice once a week, and pasta with a fiery diablo tomato sauce (which was awesome!) once a week.

I am IF'ing every other week now.

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    there have been a few Paleo articles...but nothing that even speaks of the benefits, the backgrounds, the acheivements etc...
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    Yes, they raise and eat guinea pigs in Peru.

Sorry, don't fit the categories to answer any of your other questions.

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    don't fit.
    sorry.
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by queen_sheba View Post
    *How many of you are recovering vegetarians/vegans
    *How many have been over 200lb on CW diets...meal replacement. WW etc..
    *How many (not veggies or vegans) were looking to put ON weight

What are your favourite things to shock people with?
    220 on CW SAD
    down to 150 skinny fat after 3+ years grain based vegetarian

started PB in FEB2010, so far ive gained 20 lbs while shedding fat. I would consider my self a "recovered vegetarian"

Fav way to shock people - fry meat in lard or bacon fat. Full fat everything.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i was over 300 on the SAD, and i'm down to 180 now...looking ok, and feeling great. i lost a lot of weight with weight watchers, but i've lost of lot of fat, gained muscle and increased my energy with the PB. i've tried the veg thing a couple of times, but it just didn't work out for me. the 10 primal laws really helped more than anything else.
    i love shocking people with the high fat diet. my favorite thing, though, it surprising people when i tell them that i only do what they consider exercise for an hour or so a week. people can't understand that.

i don't know if i'm what you're looking for, but if i can help out with the article at all (being an example) i'm more than happy to

chowza is offline Member
    I'm a former vegetarian (12 years). Thankfully, I wasn't dealing with any major health issues that prompted the switch to primal--more of the 'light switch' going off and realizing this was just a much better way to be eating. Can't say I've minded the extra energy it's afforded, though...

That said, sort of in the way primalrob offered, if I can help out writing- or editing-wise or in any other way than being an example, let me know!

Grizz is offline Banned
    PrimalCon New York
    Queen_Sheba,

You will need to give EXTREMELY credible reasons for people to give up on grains & breads, or else you will be perceived as a NUT JOB and will lose your own credibility. This is the BIGGEST obstacle in promoting this diet. The News Media Propaganda will not touch this subject for fear of losing ad revenue, and the public is BRAIN WASHED on the High Carb-Low Fat diet.... because that is what our own government ADA + FDA promotes via the "Food Pyramid"

Here is the MOST Credible source of information you can get:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...WHEAT-and-OATS

I wish to see you succeed in promoting this,
    best of luck to you,
    Grizz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast