Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meat Industry, Organic Industry, The World, The Environment, The Economy, and Ethics page

BoyPrimal is offline Senior Member

Meat Industry, Organic Industry, The World, The Environment, The Economy, and Ethics

Shop Now
    Yes, la~la~la. I feel amazing and alive now that I'm giving my body the food that it's actually intended to eat.

But in pursuing this dietary enlightenment has anyone else started to get -really- pissed off at the state of things? Maybe it's a bad idea for me to be reading a stack of books about US farming, meat industry, corn industry, and agricultural policy during this big lifestyle changeover. I've spent the entire afternoon fuming at the world.

It's all well and good to let people be willfully ignorant and impact their own health, but it goes beyond that. The mass of uninformed sheep that makes up this country steers policy.

Sure, I can choose to buy organic food, but what is an organic chicken really? In a world where Whole Foods proudly sells up items containing organic corn syrup then where can you turn? There's the "local produce," but I live in California. How many of those "local" items are really from Cal-Organic's massive industrial machine of a farm?

I just keep opening new Pandora's Boxes that I can't close. At this rate I'll be living in Berkley within a year using manure to wash my hair and wearing clothes made from sustainable mulch.

( I think all this righteous fury and outrage might tie in with the increase I've been experiencing in Testosterone from going Primal. )

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Have you met my good friend Mr. Apathy?
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

KestrelSF is offline Senior Member
    Apathy is Tyranny's greatest ally.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Damn that would make a good sound-bite. Props.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    It drives me up the wall thinking about how much land is wasted and ruined growing grains. When I drive past a wheat crop I think about sticking a match in it.

I actually am thinking of ways to reinvigorate land ruined by grain farming and convert it to good grazing pasture. All I need is a few million dollars.

Mav3rick is offline Senior Member
    The state of the world makes me feel like my head is going to explode at any moment. I just try to remember that I can simply try to make what difference that I can and not fret about what I cannot change.

BoyPrimal is offline Senior Member
    I was biking down my street this afternoon. I live in a fairly affluent area, so every front yard was an arrangement of themes, gorgeous plants, and meticulous landscaping. It's sick! The water and money that go into making this "pleasing" decor of environmentally unnatural plants. Imagine just one street of twenty people all using their yards for different types of produce, chickens, even a goat or two for milk and cheese. Then imagine once a week these people bring these assets together as a small community and share amongst themselves. Total hippie ideal that ignores how the world works, I know, but the only thing standing in the way of it's feasibility is PEOPLE. Bleh.

This is why I used to be apathetic, immoral, and blissfully ignorant.

texas.grok is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyPrimal View Post
    I was biking down my street this afternoon. I live in a fairly affluent area, so every front yard was an arrangement of themes, gorgeous plants, and meticulous landscaping. It's sick! The water and money that go into making this "pleasing" decor of environmentally unnatural plants. Imagine just one street of twenty people all using their yards for different types of produce, chickens, even a goat or two for milk and cheese. Then imagine once a week these people bring these assets together as a small community and share amongst themselves. Total hippie ideal that ignores how the world works, I know, but the only thing standing in the way of it's feasibility is PEOPLE. Bleh.

This is why I used to be apathetic, immoral, and blissfully ignorant.
    I love the idea but the government and home owner's associations would never allow it. It would violate some unknown law on the books I'm sure.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

blank_faceplate is offline Senior Member
    Try to remember that millions in America are going hungry before you get quite so wrapped up in whether your meals pass the good-guy test. Someone somewhere will always be trying to make things that should be good into things which are bad, and there will always be subjective opinions to be weighed. To me, diet is on the lower end of the scale of concerns for the world right now. When one has no home and a wife and kids to feed, grass fed organic no-grain lunatic fringe diets are probably not even on the radar.

Leanne is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I share your frustration. Mine is especially pointed at the pharmaceutical industry and sugar manufacturers.

As for the growing veg etc in your urban neighbourhood and sharing your harvest: why not start something yourself? Get to know your neighbours, tell them you want to start a vegetable garden find out their reaction. The city I live in has a lot of community gardens and more and more urban farmers trading tomatoes for fresh eggs etc. Have you heard of Urban Farm Magazine? It is all about rooftop vegetable gardens, composting in small spaces, bring more sustainable without having to live on acres of land. You might like it. www.urbanfarmonline.com
    The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease. - Thomas Edison

Vancouver Island Primal and Paleo Living <<< join our Facebook Group

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast