Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revealing experience with Omega 6, animal fats and inflammation page 2

racingsnake is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Sure, I am coeliac, and although I follow a strict gluten free, dairy free, egg free, yeast free diet (primal in fact) I have a tendency to react with gut inflammation to a lot of things. If I eat too much omega 6 I get a hive outbreak on my hand 12-24 hours later with accompanying gut disturbance and sometimes discomfort.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Racingsnake, you're in Scotland?

How much Vitamin D are you taking?

K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Eteric is offline Member
    Whats the best omega 3 suppliment to get? I haven't really gotten one yet, but if it helps with inflammation, I'd like to try it out.

Thanks!

cillakat - good question I take around 4000 iu per day. At last test I was over the optimum, so I've scaled it back a bit.

Eteric, look for one that's as high in DHA as possible (as opposed to EPA) as that seems to be the bit that does the anti-inflammatory heavy lifting.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    I can understand pork and chicken giving you all sorts of digestive problems. I find I feel better when I limit them and I might end up excluding them entirely.

Christina* is offline Senior Member
    So poultry is high in Omega 6s? Is it bad of me to continue eating it, assuming I am also supplementing with Omega-3 supplements?

HI Christina - I don't think it's a problem for your average PBer in context of a well balanced primal diet including oily fish. I'm a special case The only real way to tell is to get your omega 3:6 ratio tested. If you're 1:4 or better, you're fine.

Christina* is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by racingsnake View Post
    HI Christina - I don't think it's a problem for your average PBer in context of a well balanced primal diet including oily fish. I'm a special case The only real way to tell is to get your omega 3:6 ratio tested. If you're 1:4 or better, you're fine.
    Thank you! I actually don't eat a lot of oily fish (not a fish person, though I am going to start experimenting more). Hopefully for now supplementing will be good enough. But it would be good to get my ratios tested at some point. Glad you have found a WOE that works well for you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12