Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bodyweight circuits daily? page 2

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Wow, I have a lot of work to do. I thought doing 30 straight pushups was good.

john b is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    Wow, I have a lot of work to do. I thought doing 30 straight pushups was good.
    30 straight is good...when i started 10 was a struggle but by doing it everyday i just keep improving , gaining more endurance and strength . the one thing that helped me really increase my push ups was realizing that i was holding my breath while doing them. once i started breathing better my numbers really increased

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I found that when I was doing push ups without push up bars I wasn't going low enough and that has made getting low on the bench press harder now too. I'm really careful to go as low as I can when I push up now.

Nocturnalhorse is offline Senior Member
    I got pretty good results when I was solely focusing on bodyweight conditioning for a few months last year when going to the gym was almost impossible. These days I combine bodyweight exercises with my powertraining routine in the gym. For instance on my legs days I will do some weighted pistols and glute ham raise. On my chest days I'll do some weighted dips, weighted chins on back days and handstand pushups on shoulders day.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, my wife and I are going to combine bodyweight workouts and weighted workouts. We miss doing squats and deadlifts with the heavy bar. So, we will probably have one heavy day of weight training, and do bodyweight workouts on the other. We like both.

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john b View Post
    the first set usually 100-125 depending on the day......... at least 80-85 avg for 5 sets
    pull ups are real tuff after 3 rd st i struggle to get 10-12
    How far up and down are you going?

I'm not trying to be one of those "dude your form isn't proper" dicks who obviously can't touch the guy's numbers... I'm genuinely curious. I just notice that I can get many more reps when I stop myself from going completely extended at the top, and not "all" the way down at the bottom, and go super fast.

Just wondering what your range of motion and speed are like when you do a set of 125 pushups. That's friggin' insane man, I hope to be at that level some day.

I've been doing them basically extended at the top because I've read it's better for your shoulders, and pretty low, sometimes skimming my nose on the carpet.

Bolivar is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My chest goes to the floor, I kinda have to look up a little, and strong and kinda fast up. Solid abs, no slouching. I can do about 20 good ones, then any after are 'strainers'

When I do fast ones, I can bash out about 35+, blasting my tris.

I find slow ones, I get more scapula involvement which is important to me as mine are slightly winged.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12