Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "I was wrong about veganism. Let them eat meat – but farm it properly" page

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

"I was wrong about veganism. Let them eat meat – but farm it properly"

Shop Now
    This will not be an easy column to write. I am about to put down 1,200 words in support of a book that starts by attacking me and often returns to this sport. But it has persuaded me that I was wrong. More to the point, it has opened my eyes to some fascinating complexities in what seemed to be a black and white case.

A must read: http://bit.ly/cqzNrK
    “Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

birdie is offline Member
    Thank you.
    Recovering vegetarians could use a support/yahoo group or something.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Veganism has another serious problem. Their Gallbladders which require regular fatty foods to function can atrophy on a vegetarian diet, leading to Gallstones and to surgery to remove the gallbladder.
    http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/gallstones.html

The human being spent 2 million years eating fatty meat, and was never intended to be a vegan.

Much more here on Gallstones:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...read.php?15087

Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 09-15-2010 at 10:39 AM.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Have a word with yourself birdie

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Posted it to my Facebook and already my vegan friends are up in arms about it.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, SS. Just posted to my facebook too.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    This went straight up on my Twitter and Facebook pages... great link.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Cue vehement vegan rage ESPLOSION. Insert hyperbolic statements about genocide and malevolent puppy torture combined with self-righteous condescension and personal attacks.

B-b-b-b-but if being a vegan doesn't automatically make me a better person than everyone else, whatever will I do?

edit: also I love how they think that feeding humans what feedlot cows eat is a good idea. Hey but I guess if you're a martyr then you better do it right and make it hurt.
    Last edited by Stabby; 09-15-2010 at 06:54 PM.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Longtail4711 is offline Senior Member
    I was a vegan for about 1 1/2 years, because I'm very much into animal rights (and I love veggies). But I failed to thrive on it and a lot of the health problems which were compounded and made worse (which I now understand was from eating all that grain). I returned to eating meat and after some adjustment, I felt much better with less problems. Switching to Primal cleared up all those health problems for good and I THRIVE on it.

I bought a few meat rabbits for $10 the other day and had to kill and butcher them myself (first time for me). And I hated doing it. It's not easy reconciling being a predator and a compassionate and aware being who loves animals.

But at the same time, I feel good knowing my dog and I are eating fresh, natural, ethically raised meat. Being unemployed and with very little money, $10 for three rabbits that will feed me and the dog wholesome for two weeks was too good to pass up. And I hardly wasted anything. The blood, organs, heads, and feet went to the dog, the roasts are in the freezer for me, and the pelts will be tanned and sold to friends of mine who can use them for art and clothing projects.

claude512 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Longtail4711 View Post
    I was a vegan for about 1 1/2 years, because I'm very much into animal rights (and I love veggies). But I failed to thrive on it and a lot of the health problems which were compounded and made worse (which I now understand was from eating all that grain). I returned to eating meat and after some adjustment, I felt much better with less problems. Switching to Primal cleared up all those health problems for good and I THRIVE on it.

I bought a few meat rabbits for $10 the other day and had to kill and butcher them myself (first time for me). And I hated doing it. It's not easy reconciling being a predator and a compassionate and aware being who loves animals.

But at the same time, I feel good knowing my dog and I are eating fresh, natural, ethically raised meat. Being unemployed and with very little money, $10 for three rabbits that will feed me and the dog wholesome for two weeks was too good to pass up. And I hardly wasted anything. The blood, organs, heads, and feet went to the dog, the roasts are in the freezer for me, and the pelts will be tanned and sold to friends of mine who can use them for art and clothing projects.
    you are the most courageous ex-vegan I ever heard of!! you killed them yourself?! you go girl, all my respect to you!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast