Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: for my fellow grokettes... page 2

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I haven't seen the scale move for a bit, but I am still shrinking as well as making strength gains and feeling healthier all the time. I'm glad you posted this, Batty. I 100% agree!
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

amandatea is offline Member
    Awesome post! I have to remember that about gaining a bit of weight, being new to this. I have noticed that my arms are wayyy less fat and quite a bit stronger. I starting doing this, initially to lose weight. However, I am a nerd and I love learning the science of how the body works. I obsess about watching exercise videos (good ones - ie non-CW ones) and my ultimate goal is to be able to do Parkour ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jquXcwooV6A ) because it looks AMAZINGLY fun. I started working out doing a low-intensity cardio workout like walking on the treadmill and upright bike - and that got easier and easier - and then doing the weight machine circuit most days. But lately i have started doing body weight strength exercises and it is so much harder than doing the circuit haha. I love it though. I will be a machine soon

But anyway, thanks for that reminder, batty

melodious is offline Senior Member
    My actual goal is to lose 45 pounds of fat and gain at least 10 pounds of muscle. If not more. Both are parts of my goal, not just one. I don't want to be a waif. I think women with muscular arms and powerful legs are way sexier, and I want to be one.
    I will be, and am already on my way.

birdie is offline Member
    Thanks for such a great post! I've lost a lot of fat and I am trying to build more muscle now, so this is an inspiring post. Thanks.

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Fantastic Post Batty.

shannon is offline Senior Member
    you're my hero LOL!!
    you look great and the fact that you feel great about yourself is most important, thanks for reminding us ladies;-)
    i'm a skinny and i definitely need to focus on strength from now on
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Thank you. I'm the same clothing size I was in college, and 10 lb heavier (on a tiny 5'change frame), but I look better, thanks to the musculature. I needed this boost. Thank you.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

elwyne is offline Senior Member
    Awesome post. Thanks for the reminder.

fitmom is offline Senior Member
    fantastic post! I've lost maybe 6-7 lbs in the last month, most of it in the first two weeks. But I can run farther, I'm so much stronger, and underneath the, um, adipose layer, my muscles are getting more defined. Last week I was cold and was rubbing my arms and thought, holy S&*%! I just felt my triceps!! The structure of my body is revealing itself, and I appreciate the post so much, because even if the scale gets stuck here permanently, this is so much better than losing weight in the CW way, where I just....deflated.

melodious is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fitmom View Post
    Last week I was cold and was rubbing my arms and thought, holy S&*%! I just felt my triceps!! The structure of my body is revealing itself,
    That's awesome!! For the first time in years, I can feel my obliques when I stretch a little to the side. I get a kick out of it.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast