Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: for my fellow grokettes... page 11

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    go for a walk....it's sunny here - is it sunny with you? Listen to some uplifting music - what are your favourite tunes?
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Quote Originally Posted by NutMeg View Post
    I wanted to add my newest accomplishment, no scale involved. I did post this in another part of the forum, so if you already read it, too bad I am so excited I am saying it again.

I was down to just under 34 inches for my waist measurement. Last year at this time I was just under 44. I can't tell you how nice it is to be back to that number. My goal is 32.5, I have confidence that I can do that now, before I thought I was doomed to be fat forever. I have this way of life to thank for my hope.
    You're doing well - that makes you a size 14, then? Why is it that all the lasses here who are still big, don't look it? You don't, Sheba doesn't, Lodani doesn't.

I'm still fighting the size 4 demon (that's 0 to you). There's still a part of me that DESPERATELY wants to be so... I'm currently losing the battle.
    La tristesse durera toujours...

Shrinking_Violet is offline Senior Member
    Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire, though originally from Sheffield
    Quote Originally Posted by queen_sheba View Post
    go for a walk....it's sunny here - is it sunny with you? Listen to some uplifting music - what are your favourite tunes?

The Manics. Think that tells you everything. Or Pink Floyd. Just been listening to Journal For Plague Lovers again. I don't do cheerful - just reminds me how miserable I am.

And I'm too scared to leave the house at the moenet. It's not safe.

Sarah
    La tristesse durera toujours...

queen_sheba is offline Senior Member
    ha! have you seen my before pictures? (my profile page) The profile pic is my head only... and was one out of about 100 pics I felt I could use...

I wish I could help you further - if I feel down I listen to Chesney Hawks (sorry!) the one and only, and sing it really loud at the top of my voice - it releases some kind of endorphins. Or I sit or walk in the sunshine and just bask like a sealion!

but if that doesn't work for you - i'm not sure what will - can you ask your GP to refer you to a counsellor? ({NOT a nutrionist!) as you can maybe talk through some of this stuff....maybe someone who has experience with body dismorphia?

I hope you can find some way of getting out from your black cloud, some of your posts have been great and I really want this to work for you...

: -)
    Scottish Sarah

Join our UK/ROI Primal group here! http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=67

Give me a poke on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pistepals
    **Remember to tell me your forum name so I know who you are!**

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Violet, I am so sorry you're struggling right now. I have two siblings and one parent with AS, and I know that sometimes people don't understand what you are dealing with and may assume that you should just be like NT folks and cheer up, which must leave you feeling very alone some days. Please know that there are people out here who are thinking of you and care about how you are doing. You may be on the other side of the world, but I feel like you are part of this community, and I would love to see you doing well.

Is there someone in your life that you can trust to talk to about this feeling? Sometimes just having someone hear you can help a lot.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Violet-
    Chickydee, I hear you with the depression. Been there, wrote the book, worn out several t- shirts already. I know your references with the music. I know your size demon, albeit on a slightly different scale. I realize my world is slightly different than yours, but please, heed this advice: Find a way to release it, do not internalize it. I've learned this lesson the hard way way too many times to watch you go through the same process. A journal, a friend to call, hell, I'm on gmail chat if you'd talk to me. But please, release it. If you wish, I'd give you some pointers on what helps me when I'm in that dark place, but only if you wish. Chica, please please PLEASE do not wall yourself up alone with your misery. There are folks that understand, even if only a part or most of it.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrinking_Violet View Post
    You're doing well - that makes you a size 14, then? Why is it that all the lasses here who are still big, don't look it? You don't, Sheba doesn't, Lodani doesn't.

I'm still fighting the size 4 demon (that's 0 to you). There's still a part of me that DESPERATELY wants to be so... I'm currently losing the battle.
    Actually, no it is a size 16 for me. I always have to wear a larger size than what I *should have to wear because of my shape, darn pearapple that I am. I guess I am happy though that I am no longer an 'apple' since I used to be and that is very unhealthy. When I graduated from basic training at 18 years old and 128 pounds, I still couldn't fit in anything less than a 9/10 (this was before vanity sizing too, so those would now be like a 11/12). It used to bother me, but it doesn't anymore. I have to say though that my pictures are a little deceiving because they hide the scary parts, the roll in my belly (think spare tire). I am far from the 'look good naked'. But, I am working on it.

And yes you can lose fat without exercise. Also, like I have said before you can do body weight exercises in your room and no one will know, push-ups on the wall, planks, crunches, lunges, squats- pretty much everything in the 'lift heavy things' except the pull-ups.

Rip City is offline Senior Member
    Just wanted to bump this because it is so good.

Batty you should repost with a different title this or perhaps we could sticky it because I feel like the majority of new members are stuck focusing on their weight rather than their health, just another CW trend that we need to rally against!

batty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip City View Post
    Just wanted to bump this because it is so good.

Batty you should repost with a different title this or perhaps we could sticky it because I feel like the majority of new members are stuck focusing on their weight rather than their health, just another CW trend that we need to rally against!
    i'll bump it again and thank you.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

momofredheads is offline Senior Member
    Great stuff Batty!! Thanks!! I think I need to be reminded of this ummmmm EVERY DAY LOL!!
    ~*Lori*~
    my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
    my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
    CW 192

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast