Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh.My.God. Becky, look at her butt page

Xenya is offline Member

Oh.My.God. Becky, look at her butt

Shop Now
    I decided it's time for some accountability. Documented, recorded, brutally honest accountability. Sigh.

Since I am quite vain, my goal for the next 4 months is to put on some muscle. (Thus the name of my journal … going to address those glutes big time!)
    Not very PB goal, but I’m planning to achieve it using PB diet. In terms of training I will stick to body split workouts for the next 8 weeks, tweaking as I go.
    Diet plan - keep my calories around 2500 for workout days and around 2000 on non workout days. Simply following hunger and cravings usually gets me to the following macro breakdown - 70(f)-20(p)-10(c). I will keep food log for a bit, just to make sure that I am on the right track.

The downfalls I have to look out for is… weekend cheating. Having a life has been proven quite a challenge - it seems like no matter where I look I’m surrounded by friends and family holding glasses of wine.
    Delicious, expensive, rare wines…
    Wines that seductively whisper my name while being pored into glasses.
    Oenophilia could easily be the death of me...

And time is another challenge. I constantly feel like there are not enough hours in the day! I work (9-5) and go to school part time, studying holistic nutrition, which I will whine about in the future, as some classes are basically grain loving tantric orgy. For example, my professor last night actually said “whole grain could be an answer to all of our world troubles”, chewing on a cheap burrito. while most class took notes, admiringly. having said that, there are some phenomenal classes/instructors as well, so at the end it balances everything out…

Nom Noms:
    Breakfast: Coffee + Cream
    Lunch: 5 Eggs cooked in butter + Raw zucchini(2) Cucumber (1)/ salad with olive oil/lemon dressing
    Dinner: 6oz grass fed steak + mashed avocado with some spices and drizzled with olive oil/lemon
    Snacks : tablespoon of coconut oil… peach…cheese + leftover steak bits (2oz or so)
    Totals according to fit day: Macros: 2308 Calories, 72% F - 20% P - 8%C
    Supplements: Omega3, Cal+Mg+Zinc, B50 Complex, Milk thistle

Training (Upper)
    3X10/12
    A1) Wide-grip push-up (from knees, not strong enough to support my body)
    A2) Bent-over row, supinated grip

B1) Wide-grip pulldown
    B2) Incline dumbbell press

C1) Assisted Dip
    C2) Decline dumbbell arm extension

Abs:
    Planx 4X60sec
    Hanging Leg Raises 4X 10 (trying for the first time, yaikes!)

I will take some measurements later today, to have a solid starting point.

phew.
    Last edited by Xenya; 09-15-2010 at 09:18 AM.

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    cheers!
    good luck

Agatsu is offline Member
    Great title!
    Before, during, and after pics? :-D
    Your goals, minus your doubts, equals your reality.
    - Ralph Marston

Xenya is offline Member
    thnx!!!
    yes, im planning on putting pics up. as scary as it sounds!!!!

MikkiB is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Love the title
    have you tried Mark's Primal Blueprint workout yet? His full squats are amazing -- I can do 100 "conventional" squats and maybe 20 full squats, and they make me sore in places I forgot I had

Whine all you need to about work and school, too, you have a sympathetic audience. Several us work full time, have families, and are in school too. I'm in the (hopefully!) last year of my dissertation and my new advisor basically said that I'll never finish if I don't commit to 15 hours per week working on my project. (eeek! I'll find it somehow tho!!)

chima_p is offline Senior Member
    8oz of steak and 5 eggs will not put on muscle unless you are about 90lbs to begin with.

I think your calories in general might be low for muscle growth.

Xenya is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chima_p View Post
    8oz of steak and 5 eggs will not put on muscle unless you are about 90lbs to begin with.

I think your calories in general might be low for muscle growth.
    well i'm 124 at 5"9.
    how much would you advise to eat? i generally eat around 1600-1700.

Xenya is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikkiB View Post
    Welcome! Love the title
    have you tried Mark's Primal Blueprint workout yet? His full squats are amazing -- I can do 100 "conventional" squats and maybe 20 full squats, and they make me sore in places I forgot I had
    Whine all you need to about work and school, too, you have a sympathetic audience. Several us work full time, have families, and are in school too. I'm in the (hopefully!) last year of my dissertation and my new advisor basically said that I'll never finish if I don't commit to 15 hours per week working on my project. (eeek! I'll find it somehow tho!!)
    thank you for your warm words and good luck on you dissertation. your case definitely puts in perspective my "busy" lifestyle
    and no, I have not tried PB squat! I read about it just now, and it seems challenging! will definitely try it out for my "leg day". thank you for the tip, much appreciated.

chima_p is offline Senior Member
    Since you are looking to put on muscle in a certain time frame I would suggest cyling calories to minimize fat gain that normaly comes with gaining muscle.

For non work out days I would suggest:

1625 cal

75g carbs - 300cal (no point in going into ketosis)
    150g prot - 600cal (1.2g x bw)
    80g fat - 725cal (balance of calories)

On workout days I would suggest:

2125 cal (bulk of cals consumed in meal(s) after workout)

150g carbs - 600cal (mini carb load)
    150g prot - 600cal (1.2g x bw)
    103g fat - 925cal (balance of cal)

If you are a carbophobe you can exchange carb cals for fat cals if you wanted but your performance might suffer.

Keep protein high. "Extra protein" will not be stored as fat. That is a myth spread by people who eat too many bananas. While tearing down and rebuilding muscle would you rather err on too many amino acids or too little? Exactly, eat your meat!

Fat as always makes up the balance.
    Last edited by chima_p; 09-15-2010 at 01:44 PM. Reason: silly spreadsheet!

Xenya is offline Member
    @ chima_p
    thank you.. sorry if i'm a bit lost, buy you initially said that my 2000 - 2500 calorie mark was too low too put on muscle, but you suggest lower? im confused.. which happens quite often
    Last edited by Xenya; 09-15-2010 at 01:50 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast