Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Might as Well Jump! page 2

979roadrunner is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh, how I wish I hadn't been so unkind to my knees as a kid! I used to do a lot of jumping over and off of things, and probably would have loved Parkour (i was sorta doing a crude version of it, if you think about it, I was one of those kids who prefered jumping a fence or other obstacle to using a gate or going around) Unfortunately, my crowd thought you were cool if you jumped off a house, and bitchin' if you could 'stick' the landing.
    I was bitchin'. A lot. If only someone had warned me what those high jumps were doing to my knees, well, I'da probably done them anyway.
    Still, if I'd rolled more often and absorbed that impact with more than just my calves (still strong as hell) and my knees (not) I'd be living a funner (is that a word?) less painful existance now (knee arthritis, though I think it'll improve with getting more primal)
    I'm not old, I'm Vintage!

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Live and learn, my friend! At least you got to look cool in front of your buddies.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

979roadrunner is offline Senior Member
    *snorts in amusment*
    I'm not old, I'm Vintage!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12