Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Accelerating fat loss - carbs < 50g per day page 4

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Bodybuilders are weird people. I just have rice/almond flour pancakes with maple syrup and some ice cream on the weekend. Maybe a bowl of Rice Krispies during the week a couple times a month. That's all the carb loading I do and I'm back on the fast track to leanness.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    I've been following the LeanGains protocol more or less lately, but Mal's latest post gives an opposing view (in regards to peri-workout carbohydrate). Looks like I need to do some research.

FLKirkland is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Bodybuilders are weird people. I just have rice/almond flour pancakes with maple syrup and some ice cream on the weekend. Maybe a bowl of Rice Krispies during the week a couple times a month. That's all the carb loading I do and I'm back on the fast track to leanness.
    I'm with Grumpy on this one!

Mal - I seriously applaud your research and everything you have learned. I'm completely blown away! That being said - it's just too darn complicated for me. I've lifted for years and during "fat shred" periods - I'd keep carbs around 50-75 and once a week or so (especially when fat loss would plateau, I'd have a heavier carb day (150-175g). Just one day. That was enough to "reset" my carb burning and metabolism and I'd start burning again.

For me - if I over-thought everything, it became a chore - and less likely for me to follow it. Just me.
    yep!

Starting Weight (July 2010) - 235
    Goal Weight - 200
    Current Weight - 216.8

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FLKirkland View Post
    I'm with Grumpy on this one!

Mal - I seriously applaud your research and everything you have learned. I'm completely blown away! That being said - it's just too darn complicated for me. I've lifted for years and during "fat shred" periods - I'd keep carbs around 50-75 and once a week or so (especially when fat loss would plateau, I'd have a heavier carb day (150-175g). Just one day. That was enough to "reset" my carb burning and metabolism and I'd start burning again.

For me - if I over-thought everything, it became a chore - and less likely for me to follow it. Just me.
    haaaa i never said i followed it and i agree, toooo much thinking. i love figuring out 'how it works' though. i never could gainw eight until i had a 'hands on' type of knowledge with food and how it works. this way, i understand how it is done. i DONT agree with lyle's pre workout fructose(25g) because it just seems unecessary and not benefical, esp if one were taking in BCAA's or plan a dextrose liquid feed postworkout. i dont even know if he still advocates it but his articles are definitely wrth a read to anyone interested

for me well...im not really sure what i do. i carb-load on Sundays and usually Wednesdays, but it depends on my plans(if im going out or have an occassion where it would be better off). i dont really 'workout' just wal in the sun on my lunch hour and on saturday swing my kettlebell, but i plan to start lifting heavy soon as my knees and bones feel strong!

for now, i eat high protein, everyday, and occassionally(sun/wed) switch my carb/fat percents

i read A LOT about weird nutriion remedies and ideas and figure they can start debate and questions, then i can learn more. i dont practice everything i know about as i do NOT need to lose weight. but i do post what i think will work or help in hopes of helping those who do!

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    Heres a typical BAS (big arse salad) for me, then I top it with some type of protien, usually left over from the night before, but sometimes tuna or salmon, or hard boiled egg and bacon.

These measurements I can eye at a salad bar too

1 cup romaine 1 carb
    1 cup spinach 1 carb
    1/4 c shredded cabbage 2 carbs
    1 stick celery, or about 1/4 cup sliced 1.5 carbs
    1/4 cup chopped bell pepper, 2.5 carbs
    1 small chopped tomato, or about 1/4 cup 4 carbs
    1/2 small cucumber, or about 1/4 cup chopped, 2 carbs

Thats only 14 carbs, makes a huge salad, top it with left over steak.....to die for! I like to heat up the left over meat a little and put ontop of my salad, makes it a little wilty....OR 3 over easy eggs cooked in bacon fat, makes its own dressing as you break them open over the salad

Dont be afraid of thye veg...it is your friend

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    haha i do eat plenty of veggies if that as aimed a me

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    Relaz MalPaz, not aimed at anyone, but simply responding to the original posters concern about large salads and the carb counts:

To restrict to < 50g carbs a day when your only carbs are veg seems to be desperate - I am having *tiny* portions of veg and occasionally some fruit; I read of 'hearty lunchtime salads' but cannot fathom how these people are restricting to 50g of carbs from a large salad. Are my portions all wrong or is restricting to 50g carbs really this limiting veg wise?

For some reason it is a common misconception that we cannot have various veg throughout the day....or large salads etc, because of carbs. When selecting the right veg there is plenty of room for them even under 50 grms a day

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234