Thread: Food poisoning page

Pezerinno is offline Senior Member

Food poisoning

On Sunday evening I had some chicken but think it may have been off as a couple of hours later I had diarrhea followed by vomiting 4 times throughout the night. My stomach still feels a bit 'off' 48 hours later. Do you think this sounds like food poisoning? I did go out drinking on Saturday night for the first time since being primal (around 6 weeks) and basically had the worse type of drinks primal wise however I felt okay Sunday morning.

melodious is offline Senior Member
    Yes, it definitely sounds like food poisoning. It happens even to the best of us.
    I've had it happen to me before (not recently, thankfully), and there's no cure but just to wait until you are all over it. I've heard that pribiotics can help re-establish gut stability, but I'm not sure.

Pezerinno is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure if I have ever had food poisoning before so couldn't go on experience whether that is what it was especially as my stomach still isn't feeling 100%. It doesn't help that I almost have a phobia of throwing up (it is much worse in my mind than in reality) so it wasn't a pleasant evening and I'm still a little unsure of what to eat now. Funny you mention pro-biotics; I pretty much emptied my bowl and stomach Sunday night (vomiting bile) so though I might need to introduce some pro-biotics to help stabilise things which I did after a small evening meal tonight and feel a bit better (although that might be coincidence of course).