Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blueberries & Cream (like ice cream) page 2

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

well I feel I have to live and don't want to totally deprive myself of anything good once in awhile or I will get pissed off and quit lol

I just know me, and I don't think using a bit of xyitol (from birch trees) once in a while is going to kill me. (esp considering how well I have cleaned up my whole way of eating over this past year!) Just my humble opinion.

I weighed today( I know I know) but I was tempted and I am down 3 pds ,,,doing this PB the first week!

and I am on a short course (8 days) of Prednisone for my back. so that is pretty good, I wasn't losing at all and them whamo. so that is great.

I think blueberries are amazing health foods and very good for your body esp females.......it is the nuts I have to look out for

kjake55 Guest

I don’t want to hijack the thread but since were on the topic of yummy berry desserts here’s one I love. I got the idea from a passage in Mark’s book or off the Forum here somewhere and then modified a little. Here it is.

4 lg. strawberries hulled and quartered (12 pcs when your done)

¼ cup blueberries (or any other favorite berry of yours)

1 ½ tbl. Mascarpone cheese

1 tsp. honey

I make it look fancy by placing the strawberries around the perimeter of the bowl, fill in the hole with the blueberries, put the cheese on top and drizzle the honey.

Did I mention I LOVE IT! (Thanks for the super idea Mark!)

Sorry, I know it’s a little off topic but it’s one of those “too good not to share” ideas. Enjoy!

P.S. can’t wait to try the ice cream for myself.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

>OTB

What I mean is that when you get out of the habit of adding something sweet to your food, the taste of the food itself becomes wonderful and you'll probably find that you don't need to add anything.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

You know, I've never had mascarpone cheese. What is that exactly?

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Primalchild, I got the drift. But OTOH, food w/o the (modests amounts of) sweetener isn't morally superior. Some things like K.C. style BBQ sauces must have some sugar in them to carmelize, which is separate from sweetening. That recent batch I made used Splenda to sweeten and brown rice syrup (mostly maltose) to carmelize. Yum.

I know what you mean though about discovering the real flavors. I've always saturated my salads with goo, but had to stop that for my diet. I discovered that blue cheese crumbles fit that role and yet stand aside from the flavors of the greens.

kjake55 Guest

I don't know how to do that quote thing that I see on the forum but Diabetes asked about the mascarpone cheese...

it's a smooth and creamy cheese that has a mild taste. It comes in a flat round container like humus does. It wasn't terribly expensive and has lasted 2 weeks so far without even a hint of spoilage. I got it at Trader Joes.

I haven't tried it with anything else yet but I think it will pick up the taste of whatever is around it, the honey for example seems sweeter when drizzled on top of the cheese. My next try is going to be with minced mint leaves, I just need to figure out what to spread it on first.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Mascarpone isn't bad- not quite what I expected. It's like cream cheese without the hint of salty flavor. More like cottage cheese in flavor with the texture of cream cheese. I think I'd like it better with something (ie honey) mixed in.

I put mine on peach slices. It turned out yummy. Would have been better with honey mixed in the cheese, or perhaps something a bit spicy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12